21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
guys have a look at the below link, maybe a easier solution

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great job! When I first saw this project I was thinking you might have to build a custom wire harness like the one needed to get the touch steering wheel controls working. Glad you didn't have to go down that road!

·
Registered
‘16 HSE TD6 L494
38 Posts
Carsystem’s posted a retrofit upgrade for the window switch pack today on there IG account. No further information about it.
View attachment 286647
Yeah I saw that, pretty interesting, I have to imagine they just built an adapter for the electrical harness. The thing is, those two components are different sizes (As seen before in this thread), he had to use mount the new switches on something to allow them to fit properly if I recall correctly. Those pics look like it fits very sung or perfect while being a different size; So maybe they’re using the door panels off a 2018+? Idk, would be cool if they offered a pack of all 4 and they were PNP modified size wise to fit the legacy gen.

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport V6 Supercharged HSE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Carsystem’s posted a retrofit upgrade for the window switch pack today on there IG account. No further information about it.
View attachment 286647
They either fitted a 2018+ door panel or made an adapter of some sort. Either way i had the wires soldered in order for them to function. Problem was with Fitment, It was very difficult since the newer window switches are smaller in size. I had to compromise and use the outer plastic frame of the old window switch to fill in the gap, because it definitely was a big gap. On the passenger switch, i had to do something completely crazy by cutting that outer plastic frame shorter and using super glue to put it back together in order to fit the 2018+ passenger switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks dude! haha to be honest, this newer window switch feels glitchy, not as sharp as the older one. Just has a better look to it
question is it only 3 wire that you have to change and sodder?Can you guide me into what wire have to be changed and wherecan i find the connections if i only have the main switches

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
question is it only 3 wire that you have to change and sodder?Can you guide me into what wire have to be changed and wherecan i find the connections if i only have the main switches
No idea, i just connected the wires together by hand to see which ones work, and then soldered them together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post! Great work. So I went ahead and bought everything to be able to install the new window switch pack on my L405 since L405 and L494 are the same design when it comes to those little things. Same thing here the cut hole in the door is a bit bigger for the new switch pack. So I used the old outer frame which was silver in my case to be able to support it. My only problem now is the pin configuration !! I thought it would be only three pins and I kinda be able to play around with it until i get it right, but the new switch pack I got has 6 pins sticking out, and im wording how many pins are sticking out from the new switch pack you got RRJon818 ? I have this suspension lowering button option on my window switch pack and this uses 3 wires and has a green connector as shown in the picture. Your RRS does not look like it has it and I kinda see it light up in the new one you have but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. In addition, the window switches use another 3 wires and use the blue connector. So this is a total of six wires. I have no idea in what order they go or which 3 of those 6 pins are used to be able to operate window, door lock and mirror controls. Im searching around to find pin configuration for the new window switch or at least something smiller that would help as which one is power and which one is ground and etc.. RRJON818 your input would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for the post! Great work. So I went ahead and bought everything to be able to install the new window switch pack on my L405 since L405 and L494 are the same design when it comes to those little things. Same thing here the cut hole in the door is a bit bigger for the new switch pack. So I used the old outer frame which was silver in my case to be able to support it. My only problem now is the pin configuration !! I thought it would be only three pins and I kinda be able to play around with it until i get it right, but the new switch pack I got has 6 pins sticking out, and im wording how many pins are sticking out from the new switch pack you got RRJon818 ? I have this suspension lowering button option on my window switch pack and this uses 3 wires and has a green connector as shown in the picture. Your RRS does not look like it has it and I kinda see it light up in the new one you have but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. In addition, the window switches use another 3 wires and use the blue connector. So this is a total of six wires. I have no idea in what order they go or which 3 of those 6 pins are used to be able to operate window, door lock and mirror controls. Im searching around to find pin configuration for the new window switch or at least something smiller that would help as which one is power and which one is ground and etc.. RRJON818 your input would be highly appreciated. View attachment 287754 View attachment 287755 View attachment 287751 View attachment 287752 View attachment 287753
Hi, thanks for your response. For mine, i cut the connectors off and played around with the wiring to see which ones work with each other. Best tip i could give you is the same. Since yours has more wires, i would recommend to play around with them, try connecting 2 wires in one. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but this is going to be a lot of playing around lol cause they are A LOT of possible combinations. I thought I would figure out how to turn on the switch pack first on my workbench using DC power supply with different set of voltages to kinda know where power and ground are. Cause I tested the 3 wire blue door conector that's going to the switch pack and it's 12 Vdc and middle one uses 4.8 vdc so I'm not going to step up the voltage any higher than that. Let's see how that goes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks for the tip, but this is going to be a lot of playing around lol cause they are A LOT of possible combinations. I thought I would figure out how to turn on the switch pack first on my workbench using DC power supply with different set of voltages to kinda know where power and ground are. Cause I tested the 3 wire blue door conector that's going to the switch pack and it's 12 Vdc and middle one uses 4.8 vdc so I'm not going to step up the voltage any higher than that. Let's see how that goes.
It took me a while playing with the wires to see which ones work together, its tough combinations. Good luck!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts