RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport V6 Supercharged HSE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone ever tried to upgrade the window switches on 2014-2017 RRS to the newer style 2018 ones? Not sure if they are plug and play, but i just ordered the window switches and eager to find out how to do the upgrade. They may not have the same port on the back of it as the older ones do, so if not, then hopefully there could be some soldering done to the wiring. Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the new switch pack, where are the left/right mirror select buttons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
On the new switch pack, the left/right mirror select buttons appear when the car turns on. Its kind of like a touch screen, very clean finish in my opinion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any update on this? Following as well. That’s a clean upgrade.. how much did it cost you?
Not yet, waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Purchased them from someone that had a totaled 2018 RRS across the country, bought a few other parts for a total price so there is no price i paid for these in particular. They would either have to be bought from UK ebay if you get lucky, or straight from the dealer to be completely honest. Good luck guys! I will tear down my door panel once i receive them and let yall know what i see!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok so heres the deal guys, the moment you all been waiting for. I just installed the 2018 style window switches at a totally CUSTOM approach. This upgrade by no means was a plug and play, i had to solder the wires together since the ports arent the same. And i had to secure the window switch with custom made brackets by myself since they arent secured with secrews on the 2018 (bummer). The new window switch was a bit smaller than the hole made in the door panel on the 2014+, so therefore i had to use the outer frame of the old window switch to fill in the gap all around the new window switch. Overall, was a successful upgrade and this was a 1 of 1 done ever in existence. Hope it helped.

·
Registered
340 Posts
looks good man awesome work

you just make a adapter and sell it to everyone else like us who aren't that handy hahah

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
looks good man awesome work

you just make a adapter and sell it to everyone else like us who aren't that handy hahah
Thanks dude! haha to be honest, this newer window switch feels glitchy, not as sharp as the older one. Just has a better look to it

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
364 Posts
Hmm, yeah, that's out of my DIY league unless it's a direct plug and play replacement

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts