RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
You can get to all of them (except one) and remove them. You will need to undo cooling Y-pipe from the engine block 2 torx bolts then pull it up, twist it, lean it forward etc...to get the lower two bolts to loosen/remove them. The top right bolt (as you look at engine from the front) you will have to loosen out as far as you can then cut it off with a dremel tool. You'll have the shave some material off of the driver's side intake/cover (you'll notice where this needs to be done when you loosen this 10mm bolt in the first place) Then replace bolt with a hex-head bolt to have room to put this whole snout assembly back on. If you don't want to do all this you can loosen the supercharger from the intake manifold (after you remove the 27 torx bolts for just the cover of the supercharger) then lift the bottom portion up - to remove another 10mm bolt that's on the side of this driver intake. Then this right bolt doesn't need to be cut or replaced. Easy a Pie!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here are some pictures if needed. The four bolts shown (Intake) are in reference to the driver's side that you'll need to remove - but easier to show where they are located in the picture from the pass-side. Sorry for the extensive use of Paint to help edit these pictures (right click on picture - view image - to enlarge)

SC1.jpg

SC.jpg

What you can do after this bolt is switched out without removing the supercharger

SC3.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you find the instructions to replace the snout? I cant seem to find any.

I changed the supercharger coupler today and all is well. No more clattering noise. The following link shows the play in the shaft.

https://youtu.be/gtAiLHVNNGs

Not the easiest Range Rover job I have done and definitely not for the fainthearted. The official manual is very vague and one has to interpolate the instructions plus there are two electrical multi plugs that connect to the Symposer and Temperature and Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor which are both located on the rear of the supercharger unit. Impossible to remove until the whole unit has been unbolted and then lifted and pulled forward. The supercharger weighs a fair amount and I had one helper when removing it which helped a little but was still a mission. Then I engaged brain and used my engine crane for the refitting which made life very much easier.

View attachment 219138

View attachment 219146

View attachment 219153

I had planned to change the oil while I had the unit out of the car but my order from the USA had not arrived. Lucky I had a coupler on the shelf waiting for another job. The coupler I removed was still in one piece but very worn and had a lot of play as can be seen from the YouTube link. I can confirm that trying to change the oil with the supercharger in place would be next to impossible.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
17 Participants
callipygian
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing