RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
I am also changing to a local oil that is 1/3 the price of the Lifeguard 6 but with the new sump I will change the gearbox oil every time the engine oil is changed. Garry
Isn't that somewhat contradictory? Your vehicle produces less wear and tear on the transmission and while you do a fair amount of arduous activity and offroading, you're going to change it every time you change the engine oil? That does seem overly excessive...what's the point of that?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
He has oil shares in his portfolio.

Yea tranny every 7500 is way over the top.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Isn't that somewhat contradictory? Your vehicle produces less wear and tear on the transmission and while you do a fair amount of arduous activity and offroading, you're going to change it every time you change the engine oil? That does seem overly excessive...what's the point of that?
Because I would rather spend $70 on gearbox oil and about 30 mins of my time every 12,000km and once a year rather than $8000 on a new transmission. Noting it is not a full oil change just the basic drain and fill so only about 1/3 of the oil is changed each time - and the oil is not Lifeguard 6.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Because I would rather spend $70 on gearbox oil and about 30 mins of my time every 12,000km and once a year rather than $8000 on a new transmission. Noting it is not a full oil change just the basic drain and fill so only about 1/3 of the oil is changed each time - and the oil is not Lifeguard 6.
That's funny math - so you'll change the oil 10 times at 1/3 the price per change, when you could go 75000 miles and change it once with the proper oil. The transmission is not going to implode...but Ok...seems like changing underwear 3 times a day. :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Just go without underwear and it's no longer an issue.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's funny math - so you'll change the oil 10 times at 1/3 the price per change, when you could go 75000 miles and change it once with the proper oil. The transmission is not going to implode...but Ok...seems like changing underwear 3 times a day. :)
An individual choice - if you don't like it don't do it. Simple as.:)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
6 Participants
garrycol
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing