RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for 6 pieces of zebrano wood interior for our RRS SC 06-09 i want to swap my cherry wood out.
The dealer is looking for $1100.00 plus labour :shock: Does anyone know where I could get it cheaper?? perhaps a wreck yard? Anyone want to trade? :)

thanks in advance for the help

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
I did the same swap from cherry to zebrano a while back. Bought all mine from APSIS Usa...got a great deal. Door cards, door handles, hockey sticks, gear shift knob as well. Got the steering wheel off Ebay from another source.

If the same guy is there, ask for Jersey...negotiate and bargain a bit, and you should get a fair deal...not sure what their current pricing is, but the quality is top notch.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
Goinkin said:
Am I the only weirdo that LIKES the Cherry wood trim?
+1 I love my cherry wood trim and steering wheel.. The knob I had was a disappointment though. I switched it out for a standard black leather one today.
What knob did you have?

·
Registered
213 Posts
It was on the car when I bought it. It's a wood-look knob. It has like a wood-grain look applied to the exterior. It's peeling a little bit on the top... Would probably look better with some matching wood stain applied to even the underlying color out with the rest of the knob. It matches my hockey sticks better than my steering wheel.

I'm willing to sell it if you'd like it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
It was on the car when I bought it. It's a wood-look knob. It has like a wood-grain look applied to the exterior. It's peeling a little bit on the top... Would probably look better with some matching wood stain applied to even the underlying color out with the rest of the knob. It matches my hockey sticks better than my steering wheel.

Got pics?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Goinkin said:
MIAMIRRS said:

Got pics?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah... I don't know where they got it, or why... I wonder if maybe it can be sanded down and painted or something... would be a fun project. Perhaps to match body color? Anyone know how to take the knob apart?

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
Yeah... I don't know where they got it, or why... I wonder if maybe it can be sanded down and painted or something... would be a fun project. Perhaps to match body color? Anyone know how to take the knob apart?
Looks like a tape and paint project. Why would you want to take it apart? You might not be able to put it back together! Also, what would you paint it with that would be durable enough? Cause obviously it wasn't durable enough.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm sanding the surface of it now... I agree probably tape and paint... I primer + automotive paint + clearcoat may look alright... what do you think? I would say I'd want to match the exterior color, but Zermatt Silver may not contrast enough with the metal inlay of the knob itself... Piano black maybe?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
For $300, you can get a superb quality wooden shift know without going thru this hassle. I've posted the source above...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
If anyone cares, I'm selling Zumbrano wood trim. I use wood harvested from broken wooden bats used by Cubs pitcher and renowned best hitting pitcher in baseball, Carlos Zumbrano, all handcrafted and polished to a high gloss.

P.S. that's me holding one of the bats.

·
Registered
521 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
If anyone cares, I'm selling Zumbrano wood trim. I use wood harvested from broken wooden bats used by Cubs pitcher and renowned best hitting pitcher in baseball, Carlos Zumbrano, all handcrafted and polished to a high gloss.

P.S. that's me holding one of the bats.
ROFL

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just found out that I in fact have the no-charge option lined Oak trim :doh: . The original owner got the right options - cold weather package, Stormers, NO sport trimmed seats, NO ACC and lined Oak. I will say that the dark Zebrano is my favorite, I really love the black with brown accents - its just enough contrast to look rich yet still sporty.

Roveractive has the vent pieces as well as others in the lined Oak. Has anyone bought a wood trim steering wheel from them or the vent pieces or hockey sticks? The more I look at my 'Rhodium' trim the more I think it would look a little better with lined Oak. I believe these are all stick-on overlays, correct?

edit: Justin just told me that the hockey sticks are discontinued but they do have a lined Oak steering wheel...is the 1k+ price tag worth it you think? Assuming that money is not the sticking point here. The OEM wheels look kind of...underdone. Like they should be on an LR2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
8 Participants
MIAMIRRS
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing