RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Five To One said:
1400/6 months.... :?
I'm close: $1350/6 months via GEICO

300K/300K, Collision, $250 Ded. The bad thing is, I have no tickets, no accidents, no violations. The SOB's at GEICO are probably redlining me because I live in PG County, Maryland. We have a wee bit of a stolen car issue. But, sheesh, my baby is garage kept!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I pay USD 340 per month here in Dubai. & I thought i got a good deal!!!

They usually charge 5-8% of the car value per year. The SSC cost USD 91,000/- in Dubai.

·
Registered
179 Posts
HugeBob said:
NY S/C said:
$996/6 months in NYC through Geico
What??? What coverage do you have? Are you within the five burroughs? Dang, I'm being soaked!!
I live in Manhattan. I don't have the breakdown of coverage here but I know that I have full coverage because its a financed vehicle but at state minimums on most line items w/ $1000 deductible fore collisions/comp.

Oh, and I was off with my price, I pay $980.20/6 months

·
Registered
458 Posts
haha..

I'm in florida, and i'm currently quoted 2800/6 months. trying to find a cheaper place.

Thats pretty comprehensive insurance... i believe its 250000/500000, and a $500 deductible.

I guess thats what 19 years old will do to you... cant WAIT for a safe driving discount to start kicking in. geeez. (3 years with no tickets or accidents or claims or anything doesn't really mean much i guess, 19's such a high risk catagory :( )

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: haha..

gushybear said:
I'm in florida, and i'm currently quoted 2800/6 months. trying to find a cheaper place.

Thats pretty comprehensive insurance... i believe its 250000/500000, and a $500 deductible.

I guess thats what 19 years old will do to you... cant WAIT for a safe driving discount to start kicking in. geeez. (3 years with no tickets or accidents or claims or anything doesn't really mean much i guess, 19's such a high risk catagory :( )
What's a 19-year old doing owning a Sport :shock:

·
Registered
458 Posts
good question. one thing kinda led to another... i saved up 10k for a car, and my parents said they'd add 30k if i got decent grades at uni. But i ended up with a 4.0GPA in engineering, so theyre obviously really happy. They own a range rover, and thought i might as well get the smaller one :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
gushybear said:
good question. one thing kinda led to another... i saved up 10k for a car, and my parents said they'd add 30k if i got decent grades at uni. But i ended up with a 4.0GPA in engineering, so theyre obviously really happy. They own a range rover, and thought i might as well get the smaller one :)
Good lad! Being an EE graduate myself, your RRS is well deserved! But being so young with no wife, no home, no kids, insurance rates will be high. LOL, the way some of these soccer moms drive these days, it's a wonder why their rates aren't just as high. I've got a wife, a kid, no tickets, no accidents and I'm being soaked! Chalk it all up to the wonders of actuarial tables.

·
Registered
480 Posts
youramydirect said:
I'm in Palm Beach County, FL. I pay $697/ 6 months with Nationwide.
300k/300k
$500 deductible
You know that I have to hate you for getting rates like that! That's so not fair!! :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
HugeBob said:
youramydirect said:
300k/300k
$500 deductible
You know that I have to hate you for getting rates like that! That's so not fair!! :lol:
Dont hate him. Hate the a-holes in your state that kept committing insurance fraud for the past 10 years or so. Also hate insurance companies for being too greedy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
eugenek said:
Dont hate him. Hate the a-holes in your state that kept committing insurance fraud for the past 10 years or so. Also hate insurance companies for being too greedy.
LMAO! I should know. My wife works for an insurance company!

·
Registered
4 Posts
eugenek said:
HugeBob said:
youramydirect said:
300k/300k
$500 deductible
Sorry your rates are high! Thank God Nationwide recently took an auto rate decrease.
BTW, I'm a girl. :) I work for an insurance company & am so glad I have a great rate. Having a perfect driving & credit history helps. :) My homeowner's insurance makes up for the savings! FL homeowner's rates are outrageous. :(

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
38 Participants
THEROK
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing