RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't until after i signed the contract for the new RRS that i realised i hadn't obtained an insurance quote and i resigned myself to paying an exhorbinant amount for insurance for it, my wife obtained 2 quotes the next day, $850 and $903 (Aust) both included one free glass claim per year so i was pleasantly surprised, the dearer quote is with a specialty insurer for classic/vintage cars and allows you to choose your own repairer.
So how does this stack up against yours ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Full coverage (GEICO) on my range with Washington state minimum ( i will be changing those) is 493.00 for six month term. Is yours a six month quote?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was for 12 mths and is for full coverage,

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine is abt 650/6 months

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called my insurance comp. (USAA) before I purchased the RRS SC (last Saturday) and to my surprise the rates were extremely reasonable. The rates were very close to my wife’s 07 Tahoe which is somewhere around $1,600 annually. I will get the exact rate tomorrow, as I haven’t solidified this yet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
REDMANN said:
way2evil

i know what he wrote!!!
but i wanted to be clear because i pay about 400 PER month for a TERM of 6 months
:shock: OMG $400 per month?????? May I ask why? Bad record, really young??

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
806 Posts
It probably has a substantial impact on my rates having 3 cars insured...my 100/300 coverage on my RRS S/C costs $412/6mo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Prayn4Sno

a few speeding tickets and 27 years old
but i think it mostly has to do with Mass ins. laws?
thats just a guess thou.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Geico...$600 per 6 months...100k/300k, 1000 ded, 31 yo, single

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,014 Posts
REDMANN said:
umbertob
this is going to sound stupid :? but
is 694$ per month? or 694$ for the whole 6 months?
Holy Cow! If I were paying $694 a month to insure my car, I wouldn't be bitching so much about the outrageous fuel bills. :D

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I pay slighty over $800 per year thru Travellers. I have 3 cars and a home thru them as well - so the discount is more.

I would call a local agent and try travellers - they do offer great rates.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
806 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
I pay slighty over $800 per year thru Travellers. I have 3 cars and a home thru them as well - so the discount is more.

I would call a local agent and try travellers - they do offer great rates.
This is more in line with what I pay. See, umberto? Has nothing to do with Wisconsin - hehe.

I would think having snow here trumps whatever else positive you could say about living here, though the rates are slightly lower than some other places:

http://www.iii.org/media/facts/statsbyissue/auto/

1 - 20 of 68 Posts