RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. You have your mechanic on speed dial, right below your spouse.

2. You have 10% of your paycheck send directly to your mechanic.

3. You know how to replace an air spring bladder with camp fire cooking utensils. While in the woods.

4. "Removed hunk of tree and replaced with new O2 sensor" is a perfectly acceptable report from your mechanic.

5. You look longingly at large humps of dirt at construction sites.

6. You not only wish for snow, you also get out before the plows do.

7. You not only know what a valve block is, you know there is a guy in Nebraska who can help you with it. No matter where in the world you are.

8. You park in the street, to not drip oil into your driveway.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
below your spouse? SWMBO is #3 after Mechanic and AAA. :lol:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,424 Posts
I know my mechanic's workshop no. and his mobile no. I don't need to look them up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. You have your mechanic on speed dial, right below your spouse.

2. You have 10% of your paycheck send directly to your mechanic.

3. You know how to replace an air spring bladder with camp fire cooking utensils. While in the woods.

4. "Removed hunk of tree and replaced with new O2 sensor" is a perfectly acceptable report from your mechanic.

7. You not only know what a valve block is, you know there is a guy in Nebraska who can help you with it. No matter where in the world you are.

8. You park in the street, to not drip oil into your driveway.]
1,5,7 and 8... Thats me!

·
Registered
269 Posts
9. You get a strange unexplainable joy from switching your suspention from the lowest to the highest setting for no apparent reason, whilst sitting in traffic.

10. You don't drive around the puddles, you aim for them.

11. You sit in traffic wishing there was a seemingly impossible shortcut you could take in full view of all other (static) road users.

12. You give all other Range Rover/Land Rover drivers the nod, or wave as they pass you.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tango said:
9. You get a strange unexplainable joy from switching your suspention from the lowest to the highest setting for no apparent reason, whilst sitting in traffic.
Over and over again!

Tango said:
Aim, and depress the accelerator!

Tango said:
11. You sit in traffic wishing there was a seemingly impossible shortcut you could take in full view of all other (static) road users.
Sidewalks are always an option - speaking from experience :D

Tango said:
12. You give all other Range Rover/Land Rover drivers the nod, or wave as they pass you.
Do salutes count?

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Iceberg said:
You have to ease yourself out of that one when not in a Rover. I "parked" my Audi on an 8 foot pile of chuckies two days after I bought it.

Iceberg said:
The first road to be closed due to snow in the UK every winter is the one between Cockbridge and Tomintoul. It looks like this. The blue thing at the bottom of the picture is the bonnet of my Classic.

There was a stuck snow plough about two miles below.

jmason said:
Tango said:
Sidewalks are always an option - speaking from experience :D
I overtook a bus on the pavement in my Series 3 88".
I was 18 at the time, it wasn't my finest hour.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
13. Leaks and drips are not a problem, just another indicator there is still some oil left in the crankcase.

14. You have to pick small hondas and smart cars out of the grill and brushguards.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Tango said:

Isnt' this the truth...nicely put!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
;)

Tim, that road is closed?? it's just starting to get fun here...

13 you plan your summer vacation 'round the RR.net gathering.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You constantly keep thinking of selling the Range Rover, for something
seemingly more reliable. But once it's sold want it back. `) /:( :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
You Know You Are A Range Rover Owner When....
....you can't resist that last look back as you walk away from it.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
-when you drive to the other side of the parking lot to give yours and a strangers a bonding opportunity while you eat...(just did that :) )

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
You know your a Range Rover owner when you'll do almost anything to help fellow Range Rover owners keep thier ranhi on the road.. `) `)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol:
Those are great!

Seems that when you meet other RR owners you start out with some sort of confession...

"Hi, I'm ______ and I own more than one Rover..."

·
Registered
199 Posts
Brush marks down the side add value.

You get instant air con when going over a hard bump from the rear hatch.

You see a look of horror in the face of the kid in the hot hatch that just rounded a bend on a single track lane at speed and is now engulfed in a pall of smoking squeeling tyres as his brakes lock up not to mention the need for fresh clothing.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I love the look of horror on the faces of MKIII drivers when they see my Classic. Wait 10 years when yours cost $3,500. It will look the same.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts