RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed the 100K mile mark this weekend on a trip to Austin...RRS continues to run perfectly, with regular maintenance and a few parts replaced here and there. Still tight as a drum, and running as smoothly if not better than when I bought it 4.5 years ago.

Got to love this!!! On to the next 100K (no more warranty!)

:eek: :D

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Congrats on hitting that milestone Paul!! Here's to 200K. I'm farther back on the skin track up the side of the mountain @ just 40K, but following your trail.

I got 225K out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee once, then gave it to someone who put another 75K on it before it died. So if a GC can do it, the RRS should be capable. As further incentive for you, back in the day when I worked for one of the evil oil companies, I got to witness this feat first hand http://www.mobil1.com.au/performance/miles.aspx

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congrats Paul!

I hope I get there too!

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
congrats, paul. maybe there should be RRS 100k club t shirts. haha.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
137,000. Just spent a fantastic weekend wheeling in Death Valley with our local LR club, completely trouble free except for a flat tire. I had more miles on my "new" Land Rover than 90% of the vehicles there, and some were Discos and RR Classics from the 90s. :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought everything was designed to fall apart right at 100,001 miles. You must have gotten a truck built on Tuesday at 10 am.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
phil. said:
congrats, paul. maybe there should be RRS 100k club t shirts. haha.
Brilliant idea...I may just have to spend some time on a design like that and add people's names as they cross the mark:

First member: Umberto
2nd member: Working for a Living
3rd member; Paul
Anyone else??

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Justin_Sherfy said:
I thought everything was designed to fall apart right at 100,001 miles. You must have gotten a truck built on Tuesday at 10 am.
Brilliant! Must have got it after the coffee break...I think they took special care with the Cairns Blue ones...since they are a rare colour, and still running at 100,327 today.

`)

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
PJPR01 said:
I think they took special care with the Cairns Blue ones...since they are a rare colour
Hate you Paul. No, actually I hate myself. :crybaby2:

Oh, and it's color. :snooty:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi

i was wondering how many miles can a sport drive before the costs are going to be to high to keep it running.
Ive got a v6 diesel, can it drive 200 k ? Maybe more ? Assuming that the maintenance is ok and there is no extreme use.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
808 Posts
sarosaro said:
Hi

i was wondering how many miles can a sport drive before the costs are going to be to high to keep it running.
Ive got a v6 diesel, can it drive 200 k ? Maybe more ? Assuming that the maintenance is ok and there is no extreme use.
123,456 miles. They're psychotic that way. Some sort of poison pill or sumthin'...

:shhh:

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
Mine is 19 mths old, and just rolled over 35K , I don't keep my rigs past 3 years, and I have a 5yr/unlimited miles, wear and tear , including air bladders, extended warranty on mine, so Finger crossed , knocking on wood I won't have anymore vibration issues, or stupid stuff other than the F'n dealer cutting my passenger seat leather ( back ordered) , to get to a rattle underneath the seat, or my drivers seat belt not retracting that's been on back-order for 4 months, and now it's being held up cause it's considered " hazardous material" a seat belt!

Other than that, I'm thinking I might go back to a full size, but not sure yet.... subject to change :) but love my sport...... Now the Audi... that POS is going to go through the dealer front door soon, that thing can't go 5 weeks without going to the dealer!.. and get this ! the engine & tranny had to come out to replace the left Cat converter WTF is that about? 19K miles and the engine has to come out for a faulty cat ... Good one Audi! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
RfNH,
Have you ever considered getting a priest to perform an exorcism in your garage?

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
RfNH,
Have you ever considered getting a priest to perform an exorcism in your garage?

LOLOL The thought did cross my mind!

I came from 9 Saab 9-5 Aeros, and BMW X5 4.4 and 4.6's that had VERY little problems with both, I got sick of them and went to Rover and Audi... Love the Rover... andddd I'll NEVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BUY ANOTHER AUDI AS LONG AS I LIVE!!! This S5 has been the biggest headache of anything I've owned.

and BTW : I call the S5 my " $68K V-dub ! " service manager and general manager HATE when I walk in the door to pick mine up and say " SO hows my V-DUB?? " very loudly `)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RoverfreakNH said:
Mine is 19 mths old, and just rolled over 35K , I don't keep my rigs past 3 years, and I have a 5yr/unlimited miles, wear and tear , including air bladders, extended warranty on mine, so Finger crossed , knocking on wood I won't have anymore vibration issues, or stupid stuff other than the F'n dealer cutting my passenger seat leather ( back ordered) , to get to a rattle underneath the seat, or my drivers seat belt not retracting that's been on back-order for 4 months, and now it's being held up cause it's considered " hazardous material" a seat belt!

Other than that, I'm thinking I might go back to a full size, but not sure yet.... subject to change :) but love my sport...... Now the Audi... that POS is going to go through the dealer front door soon, that thing can't go 5 weeks without going to the dealer!.. and get this ! the engine & tranny had to come out to replace the left Cat converter WTF is that about? 19K miles and the engine has to come out for a faulty cat ... Good one Audi! :thumb:
Sounds like you've got bad "car"ma Roverfreak...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts