RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Rover buddies i am going to buy a new set of tires because they play in my lower control arms the mechanic said the really bad wear on my front inside of the tire ruined them so i am going to replace all four with the 275/45/20's just wanted to ask if anybody that did this liked them better. I saw a few posts about them and some say yes but some said their performance was a bit sluggish.
I don't really race my rover but i have been over 100mph a few times with the 275/40/20's and the car was solid at that speed. I would just like to reduce the bumpy ride. So how say thee.
Just getting quotes now I am on my ship and the wife will get it done in a couple of days.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Two thumbs up here too. I have put these on both my 2006 and 2011 RRSSC after the OEM tires wore out. I use these as my summer tires and put Blizzak's on during the winter. I didn't find any real performance compromise (both on the tollway at 85+ and also handling on switchbacks going over Colorado Mountain passes). I also felt the Prada's ran quite a bit quieter. You will be very happy, especially at the price point compared to other options.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Don't mean to rehash an old thread but I have the exact same model and size on mine and love them but I find there's a lot of lateral pressure on the sidewall when taking a looped off ramp at speed. I was actually afraid of the sidewall collapsing due to the pressure. I love the Parada Spec-X but my next set will be 275 X 40R20 just to see if that much of a difference in the profile will be noticeable.

Does anyone have these tires in the stock size? How do you like them?

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I think I wrote a pretty lengthy review somewhere in this forum of the parada's in 275/45/20 and basically, my experience is the same. They felt pretty "mushy" with a lot of sidewall flex, and more prone to hydroplaning, but that was on my 2008 RRS. I don't know how much the 275/40/20 would change that. My 2011 came with bridgestones that were very firm with very little sidewall flex. The michelin latitude tour hp that I have now I think are the perfect tire for the RRS, smooth and comfy ride but not too much lost in the handling department.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When I bought my 2010 it came with Michelin diamaras and they were great and could hold the road very well but had very little tread so I switched to the paradas and because they were 5 more profile I found the handling was really hindered. The truck is just too heavy and you can see why they need to stick with the 40's vs the 45's.

I personally think that it's less about the brand and more about the profile with regards to lateral force. I found The tread on the Parada quite good for channeling water and stopping power but you'll need to stay with the 40 profile and put up with the rougher ride if you want the handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts