Range Rovers Forum banner

Yokohama Parada Spec-X.. My Sport needs some new shoes!!

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bizdack 
#1 ·
hi all, time for me to get some some new tires for my 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged.. i actually got great mileage out the set that came from the dealership, about 38,000 miles,mostly highway.. the tires were Michelin Latitude Diamaris..

i was quoted about $480/tire for the same Michelin's, $350/tire for Michelin Latitude's (not Diamaris), and around $180/tire for Yokohama Parada Spec-X.. i'm searched around and seem to get similar quotes each place i check..

question is, does anyone have any actual experience with the Yokohama's? i'm a little worried about the price, being that they're less than half the price of the OEM tires, but i'm told by the tire stores that they're a great deal and very popular (quiet, handle well, etc.). i'm also told that the Yokohama's might in fact handle better given that they're All Season, while the OEM Michelin's are Summer tires.. i'm read some reviews on tirerack.com and other sites and see a lot of good reviews..

but i wanna know for sure before pulling the trigger.. thoughts?

thanks!

#5 ·
+1 I have the same tires on my stomers and they are excellent. Very quiet ride, great wet weather traction, very good wear rating. I guess they are just a tad spongier that stock, but I like that as the ride is much improved (then again i upsized to 45 profile instead of 40). The big plus is that they are SUPER cheap compared to stock michelins. Go for it, you won't regret it.

#8 ·
They're on my 2008 RRS Supercharged as well. I like them -- a lot -- The dealer put them on at purchase time, and I've only driven about 3K on them, but I really like them. Sticky (enough), seem pretty responsive in cornering, no tire noise I can discern. I'm super tire-critical too ... No issues w/ these. Actually -- there is one small one. When the truck sits for a week or so (I travel so it'll sit at the airport or home), get a bit of flatspotting, that takes a few miles on the interstate to go away.

#11 ·
That's a good question. I did the 45 profile upsize for a little smoother ride, but they are rated higher at 110 vs 106 so the sidewalls are a bit stiffer. If I could do it again, I'd just get the factory size. I test drove a couple of other sport supercharge with 20" wheels and I couldn't really notice a ride difference between factory and slightly upsized tires.

#13 ·
Just an update. I have used the truck over the weekend with the new Yoko's and felt that I was punishing myself with the harsh ride of the stock Conti's! I felt like my suspension thanked me.

Had a slight issue where I had an alignment done to correct camber etc and I felt my steering wheel shake at about 60 MPH so I feared that I had gotten the RRS steering shake. Turns out that one of the wheel weights came off so it was rebalanced and all is good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.