RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im first time poster ..does anybody have the pin diagram for a yik500030 head unit please as im doing a sat nav retrofit. any help please thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi phil. thanks for your help. im doing a retro in my 53 hse i have head unit yik500030 and a loom from bimmernav .problem i have is that the cd/radio there has 3 plugs in it and the satnav has only 2 so im guessing i have to move some of the pins. thanks again

·
Registered
285 Posts
The HSE MID unit contains the radio module, so the antenna input is extended to it.

Do you have the radio unit which fits in the rear left compartment, next to the satnav unit?

If so, you will need to remove the exisitng antenna cable from the amp unit and fit a shorter one to the radio unit.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There are, apparently, plug and play retrofit looms available. The antenna cable then runs fwd in the OEM loom where it connects to the retrofit loom and is run to the radio in the rear (speaker outs are then run fwd again in the retrofit loom and connected to the OEM loom...). Kinda silly, but it saves time/work.

PN if interested in a retrofit loom.

Garioch, have you done a retrofit? You seem quite up to speed on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garioch43 said:
The HSE MID unit contains the radio module, so the antenna input is extended to it.

Do you have the radio unit which fits in the rear left compartment, next to the satnav unit?

If so, you will need to remove the exisitng antenna cable from the amp unit and fit a shorter one to the radio unit.
hi and thanks for your reply.. i believe not. i got a e39 retro fit sat nav loom which i was told from bimmernav it was plug and play my radio has 2 plugs in the rear and 1 in the side but the sat nav unit i have only has 2 plugs and no ariel plug so im thinking i need to take some of the pins from the 3rd plug and relocate in the other two there is plenty of spare spaces in them i hope im explaining ok il try to post some pics ...thanks again..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stevemfr said:
There are, apparently, plug and play retrofit looms available. The antenna cable then runs fwd in the OEM loom where it connects to the retrofit loom and is run to the radio in the rear (speaker outs are then run fwd again in the retrofit loom and connected to the OEM loom...). Kinda silly, but it saves time/work.

PN if interested in a retrofit loom.

Garioch, have you done a retrofit? You seem quite up to speed on this.
thanks for your reply if i have got the wrong loom i will pm you thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the sat nav fitted and working now just to say thanks to the members that posted .and thanks for the info on the rave very good infomation. `) :clap:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the sat nav fitted and working now just to say thanks to the members that posted .and thanks for the info on the rave very good infomation. `) :clap:
Hi L322dave,

Could you confirm that what you needed was a plug and play loom to fit it in? If so, could you let me know where I can get this loom please? My MID Radio/cd unit has dead pixels so I am thinking to replace the unit with YIK500030 which is on ebay. Another question is that if you have ever used preheater or parked/clocked heater on your YIK500030?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, new to this forum. I'm looking for the pin outs on my intermittent, now dead YIK 500030 on an 04 HSE. I need to see if I have power at the head end of the harness and don't want to just start poking around.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Wiring schematic is already posted above and available in RAVE, see the FAQ stickie. Unless you are colour blind everything you need is at your finger tips. If you are color blind like me you might want to have someone else pick which wires to probe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts