RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I have posted about this problem before and every time teh dealer turns off the light and claims to have fixed it. Whenever I go on a long journey and drain the fuel tank rapidly e.g. over a five hour drive (RRSport 2.0l petrol P400e) , as soon as I turn the ignition on after refueling, the tellow check engine warning light comes on. It never happens if I refuel after a few weeks of short journeys. It only happens after I refuel after very long journeys. I have used different grades of fuel and different fuel stations but it always happens.

It is pretty annoying as I have been unable to do a 500km journey without the check engine light coming on.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
There is a very similar issue and an associated Service Action in the North American market. The associated Bulletin is #N337NAS2 and its title is "N337NAS2 - Service Action: Evaporative Leak Monitor Functionality"
Tell your dealer to look for something similar. Here's a quote from the text:

Situation:

A potential issue has been identified on certain Land Rover vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where the evaporative leak monitor function within the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) contains a software error.

The symptoms are very similar, after refueling, under certain circumstances, a check engine light comes on. In North America, it's a model year 2018 problem only. This TSB fixed my problem.
It sounds so similar that it's probably worth digging it up over there. It's relatively new (2 weeks old) too, so no wonder your dealer hasn't seen it yet. Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I will try it. Also the fuel flap is stuck shut, so the assistance deactivated the lock so I need to get that looked at as well. I love the car but it goes in so much to the dealer that I am already thinking how I can replace it, for the exact same model most likley!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a quick follow-up:
- the motor in teh fuel fla lock had come loose and fallen down which is why teh fuel flap would not open or close. They suspect the check engine light was always triggered when I refuelled on long drives was because the regular (daily/every few days) refuelling schedule consistently moved teh mechanism which knocked part of the fuel system. They think the fix (which took abou ttwo hours) will solve the refuelling check engine light as well. If it doesn't solve it they think about replacing the entire fuel tank and fuel flap mechanism. They do no tthink it is a software issue for now but if it happens again they will call out a technician from JLR HQ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
RoveRanger2
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing