RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
redman1 said:
I've been lurking around this forum for a couple months now. I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a SC. The dealer that I am going through is honoring the X-Plan on both HSE and SC models. Does anyone know what LRCG is offering as a money factor? What I was quoted seemed kind of high and I want to make sure I'm not getting hosed.
What MY are you getting, '06 or '07? I went to my local dealer last night and, as some of you predicted, X-Plan is at dealer's discretion and they're only offering it on '06 models in stock. They had no pricing for '07. And, the salesman said that even if they had pricing, they probably wouldn't offer X-Plan on '07 models until much, much later. :cry:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ddr10 said:
Bought mine in VA on an X Plan - no questions no hassles. 20% off accessories if purchased at the same time.
Do you recall if your pricing was 4% over invoice or 4% under MSRP?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its 4% over invoice + RAG which is a $500 marketing charge. My dealer will honor the X-PLan on both 2006 & 2007 HSE & SC models. Though they don't expect any 07's to show up until late Nov, early Dec. I decided not to wait until then, because 1. I can't wait because when I want something I want it now & 2. I'm concerned that Ford may sell Land Rover off (which may or may not happen) before I can use my Pin.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
redman1 said:
Its 4% over invoice + RAG which is a $500 marketing charge. My dealer will honor the X-PLan on both 2006 & 2007 HSE & SC models. Though they don't expect any 07's to show up until late Nov, early Dec. I decided not to wait until then, because 1. I can't wait because when I want something I want it now & 2. I'm concerned that Ford may sell Land Rover off (which may or may not happen) before I can use my Pin.
Who's your dealer? You mentioned you live in VA. I live in MD on the 50E corridor. I heard talk on the news about Ford and GM merging! That would be something. A las, I have to wait though. I'm still saving my down payment. December is the scheduled buy/order time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine was 4% over invoice - the A Plan is 4% below invoice which is only available to Ford employees and family.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oops - you're right... A plan is at invoice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
pricing

i just bought a sport but with all of the talking about special pricing im now thinking did i get a good deal this is what i asked for- sticker was right under 65 that was the nav, head rest moniters, intergated phone what ever they offered. so i got it down to around 58 and some change. And had them throw in heavy duty cargo matt for the back , the trailer hitch an wiring and had them install it and the floor matts. when got to finiance i bought a extended warrenty and that dent protection for max time i could buy it for.
so the finial total everythng
- 22,000 - 03 thoe with 31,000 miles
-24,000 down payment
finianced amount
17613.46 payment for 5 years 349.13
was this a good deal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dank,

Too many variables left unanswered in order to give you an answer. What was the engine and options in your Tahoe and what zip code are you in? What condition was it in?

Does your final include the sales tax, registration, etc as well as destination and regional advertising?

Extended warranty may be good but ‘dent protection’ is a sham. It’s the replacement for the old ‘undercoating’ dealers used to push in years past.

On the RRS, what trim line (probably HSE?) and what does “what ever they offered” mean? Those unknown pieces can drive your deal into the red or black pretty quickly.

Your APR on the loan is over 7% so that is way too high for current market conditions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
discofun,
your right about i have the HSE, what my real question is on a sticker that said high 64,000 with what options i got which is what ever the HSE comes with and the few more that i got like i listed was that i good deal. The dent protection is not what you think its really if you get a dent from someone like in a parking lot i can call up and have a company fix the dent for up to four years. Or if a rock flys up and chips the pant they will fix that. but also that price that i listed was out the door. The loan was for the 17and change and my apr is no where near 7 its ony4.9 i hope this gives you the info you need. about the tahoe it was about 500 off from kelly using excellent conidition.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dank,
Your loan does not add up. A financial calculator shows that $17,613.46 for 60 months with a payment of $349.13 is at 7.04% APR. You may have been promised a rate of 4.9% but that would be a payment of $331.58 over the same period. They may have rolled in some margin builders for themselves on your loan for GAP protection (not needed in your case) and Loan Insurance (personal choice).

Since the Tahoe was $500 from Kelly (presumably below), then you are somewhat OK there but know that no dealer will ever use ‘excellent’ condition when quoting a trade-in price. When I look at Kelly’s and plug in a variety of configs for a ’03 Tahoe at 31K miles, I can not come near $22,000 so you must have had a boat load of stuff in that thing. This is a good thing since you got near Kelly for whatever was in/on it although something smells here.

You say a sticker of high $64K but the options you mentioned do not get there (HSE, RSE, PTI). I don’t mean to bust your balls but there is something missing. Did you get LUX and SAT? Even with those you are only up to $63,550 sticker.

Also, since you traded your Tahoe, your taxable amount was reduced by the $22,000 they gave you for it and here is where you need to provide more information to see what you really paid for the RRS. Are you in an automobile sales tax state and if so, what was your sales tax amount? Also, what did they charge you for the extended warranty and dent plan? What level of extended warranty did you buy?

Like I said, it is not cut and dry to answer your question until 100% of the data is on the table for review. If you want a hip shot, then I say your Tahoe deal was great and your RRS deal was not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
umbertob,
:lol: I do get carried away with MS Excel. You should have seen the calculations, graphs, and charts I did before I pulled the trigger on my Sport...and house...and wife's car...and... oh my, this is not good :shock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I pulled the trigger today. Purchased an blac/black SC w/ pti and sat on the X-Plan. I pick it up Saturday. Funny the dealer never asked me for my pin.

·
Registered
748 Posts
anything left on the lot or given up by a previous purchaser will garner xplan and or other perks.

If you want a really good deal troll the lot for vehicles that didnt make the sale and got canceled.

but have the money ready and you will be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
discofun,
I do have 4.99 i was wrong on the amount i forgot that the amount i was telling you i had already made some payments. but again whats the best price out there on the sport. Im sorry for not including everything that was on my vechicle but if this site is so hard core then if i say i have a fully loaded sport how many things can you add to question what i got. but yes the sticker was mid 64 i got the intergated phone a got the sat i got the lux and the entertainment package that have the screens in the head rest. they told me nothing else was offered. but like i said the real question what is to be expected that you can get off. It really doesnt matter if you have enough to buy a sport then whats an extra thousand here and there right. But to answer you the tahoe had it all. SO MUCH THAT NOW I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THE DIRCETV SO ITS GOING IN THE SPORT IN ABOUT A WEEK SO I CAN WATCH TV WHILE MY WIFE DRIVES MYSELF AND SON AROUND

·
Registered
480 Posts
i didnt read the entire post--but looking at fords list and x plan pricing, it works out to be 5% off msrp---

i plan on using it on the 07 rrs s/c i just ordered

21 - 40 of 40 Posts