RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone here bought their RRS via XPlan? Are dealers willing to go beneath XPlan pricing?

·
Registered
96 Posts
They can only go below the X Plan if they are offering 'buyer insentives'. The X Plan allows you to get for a little more than invoice, but they have to offer all 'LR buyer insentives'

The only thing better than X Plan in the A/Z plan. That is the exact invoice cost.

Both plans were made to allow Ford employes/friends & family of Ford to get new autos at our around 'cost'.

Can you get the A/Z plan? That is the only way you can get a better cost.

-Cargo King
06 RRS Lux Pax/DVD/Sirius

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
X-Plan pricing is 4% over invoice plus destination charge plus RAG(regional Advertising Group) fee.

On a LR3 sure you can get below X-plan in some markets but that is not going to happen for Sports.

There are a few dealers selling sports at X-plan but not very many and they are no incentives on sports either so there is no additional discount avaliable.

A/Z Plan is just invoice plus Destination and RAG.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, no. My wife works for a Ford partner. I was hoping that if I "worked" the dealerships, I could squeeze a few extra dollars here and there. There are 3 dealerships within 35 miles of my house.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
British_Rover said:
X-Plan pricing is 4% over invoice plus destination charge plus RAG(regional Advertising Group) fee.

On a LR3 sure you can get below X-plan in some markets but that is not going to happen for Sports.

There are a few dealers selling sports at X-plan but not very many and they are no incentives on sports either so there is no additional discount avaliable.

Hi,

Is that 4% across the board for everything; car and accessories? 2006 saved you 20% on accessories. I've been checking the FordPartner site. But, I haven't seen pricing for '07 yet. I've generated a PIN. So, I guess I'll have to go to a dealer and get hard copies of pricing.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
HugeBob said:
British_Rover said:

Hi,

Is that 4% across the board for everything; car and accessories? 2006 saved you 20% on accessories. I've been checking the FordPartner site. But, I haven't seen pricing for '07 yet. I've generated a PIN. So, I guess I'll have to go to a dealer and get hard copies of pricing.

Does not apply to accesories only to the actualy vehicle itself.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umbertob said:
A while back someone reported Land Rover Encino was honoring x-plan pricing on some RRS HSEs in slow-moving colors only.
They can do this? I thought X-Plan was a program all dealers participated in. That sucks. I'm in the Washington, DC area. I think I'll go my dealer of choice (Annapolis) and see what info I get. I'll go tonight.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
HugeBob said:
umbertob said:
A while back someone reported Land Rover Encino was honoring x-plan pricing on some RRS HSEs in slow-moving colors only.
They can do this? I thought X-Plan was a program all dealers participated in. That sucks. I'm in the Washington, DC area. I think I'll go my dealer of choice (Annapolis) and see what info I get. I'll go tonight.
X-Plan is at the dealers disgression so they can choose to honor it or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Through much research and shopping in SoCal, I learned that it is the dealer's option to offer X-plan pricing on the RRS. Most in SoCal will do so for the HSE, and only one dealer gave me an X price for an SC. Unfortunately, that dealer tried to make up the $ in financing, which basically negated the X-price and the deal.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
i was told that participation is at the discretion of the dealer as well. one sales manager went on to explain that LR doesn't really incent dealers to sell cars under a/b/x plan pricing by sending a replacement vehicle for their inventory. he said that when he worked for lincoln, if he sold a car under a plan, lincoln would send them a replacement vehicle. so if they made a smaller margin by selling under a discount plan, they could make it up with the replacement vehicle. he said LR doesn't offer replacements. i could see how a dealer would be more willing with RR and LR3s and less with the in-demand RRS

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
phil. said:
i was told that participation is at the discretion of the dealer as well. one sales manager went on to explain that LR doesn't really incent dealers to sell cars under a/b/x plan pricing by sending a replacement vehicle for their inventory. he said that when he worked for lincoln, if he sold a car under a plan, lincoln would send them a replacement vehicle. so if they made a smaller margin by selling under a discount plan, they could make it up with the replacement vehicle. he said LR doesn't offer replacements. i could see how a dealer would be more willing with RR and LR3s and less with the in-demand RRS
That is exactly how it works. I had someone basicly in the same situation that they wanted a RRS at X-plan pricing and they just couldn't understand that we wouldn't do that since we would not be allocated another one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
British_Rover said:
That is exactly how it works. I had someone basicly in the same situation that they wanted a RRS at X-plan pricing and they just couldn't understand that we wouldn't do that since we would not be allocated another one.
Ahhhh! So I guess that explains the sort of deflated attitude I get when I mention X-Plan, LOL. The salesman is all enthusiastic when I come in asking for the RRS or XC90 (don't laugh. That's my runnerup choice). When I ask about X-Plan, I get odd reactions. Nothing bad or anything. Just ranging from less enthusiastic to outright ignorance of the plan, LOL.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I used x-plan three weeks ago for my ’06 HSE. However, it took my dealer about a year to come around to letting me use X on an HSE only. It is a 7/06 build that literally came off the truck the day I put my deposit down.

I have been gah gah over the RRS since they were first sniffed out in spy shots ohh so long ago and the only thing that kept me hanging in there was my ’03 Disco HSE and great forums such as this one.

By the way, I used X on the Disco purchase in '03 as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A Plan

Hi all. I live in Connecticut and was told by every dealer in NY, CT, and RI that they could not do A Plan. My uncle lives in Michigan and works at Ford so I called him and said no one will give me A plan. He told me to call any dealer in Michigan and they would honor it because they deal with it everyday. So I called. The first place said yes no problem. We did the deal via Fedex and they put my Sport on a truck and it was delivered to my door. I saved $6K off sticker. That was in December when these things were REALLY hot and hard to get. You should have no problem now that they have cooled off.
Dealership was "Fred Lavery Land Rover".

·
Registered
96 Posts
My brother works for Ford. I was able to get the A plan on mine, after calling around.

No dealer in Ohio would take it, said only offer 'buyer incentives' that were direct from LR.

I had to call Chicago dealer before I was able to get a deal close to Ohio that would honor the A plan.

Worked it out over the phone, drove out to Chitown, closed the deal and was back home in my 06 RRS that next day. (got a ticket on the way home)

Dealer told me they get 'kick-back' from Ford, so they do make a % off the sale, just comes from Ford, not the buyers $.

Cargo King
06 RRS/Lux Pax/DVD/Sirius

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been lurking around this forum for a couple months now. I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a SC. The dealer that I am going through is honoring the X-Plan on both HSE and SC models. Does anyone know what LRCG is offering as a money factor? What I was quoted seemed kind of high and I want to make sure I'm not getting hosed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bought mine in VA on an X Plan - no questions no hassles. 20% off accessories if purchased at the same time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts