RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, p.o. has connected two wires to ac pressure switch 2 (x312 in rave) I suspect to rig up a fan switch. But the wires now are not connected to anything.... I have a spare relay attached to the eas dryer also disconnected. And...a switch with 12v supply and 2 wires going into engine bay also connected to nothing.

Does anyone have any idea where the connecter from the harness to the ac switch should be? Everything works and the ghost fans will cut in eventually.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,218 Posts
Hi all, p.o. has connected two wires to ac pressure switch 2 (x312 in rave) I suspect to rig up a fan switch. But the wires now are not connected to anything.... I have a spare relay attached to the eas dryer also disconnected. And...a switch with 12v supply and 2 wires going into engine bay also connected to nothing.

Does anyone have any idea where the connecter from the harness to the ac switch should be? Everything works and the ghost fans will cut in eventually.
Are you able to put a picture up of the wiring in question? it will help up determine what has been done before...

X312 is the pressure switch for just the fans - so will be a black 2 way connector in the loom, somewhere around the rear of the LH headlamp/AC dryer unit. It's probably more accessible from underneath the vehicle.

It is entirely possible aswell that the PO has cut the wires in the loom and used the actual connector to do their bodge wiring, in which case you'd be looking for a Yellow/Black and Black/Brown wires loose in the loom to reconnect it to.

Hope this helps,
Marty

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marty, the black connector is on the rear of the pressure switch with about 6 inches of original yellow grey (by the look of it) wires. They’ve been cut from the loom.... I’m wondering if the loom goes to this switch from beneath the air cleaner, behind the LH headlamp or somewhere else?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,218 Posts
Yes, that's correct in that picture - the loom comes across the front of the AC fans, then around to the tri pressure switch (on the drier) and then to the single pressure switch on the pipe

I'm guessing you might find it snipped by the tri pressure switch/dryer wiring.

Marty

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed - had been cut just where it exited the harness tape. Thanks for the help Marty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts