RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Sorting out some parts in the garage and storage and had many PMs about my Expedition / Overlander Roof Rack.

Yes, its the original Safety Devices Range Rover P38 Overlander Roof Rack (RRL158ORA) http://www.rangerovers.net/outfitting/racks/rack4.html so reaching out here to find a fair market value.

I have both the rack (with mounting blocks) and the optional wind deflector. When I bought them, they were difficult to find and I paid dearly...

Been planning on keeping them in storage until my next P38 project, but with the multiple queries, figured I should figure out current market value

BPR

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had several additional inquires about the rack so checking back in on this post to try to determine a fair market value.

Any input from the forum members would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BPR

PS - the classified ad for the freebie items mentioned above has expired and been purged from rr.net. I will reinventory and post again as I go through the garage and storage.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its value is minimal. In fact you should send it to me for postage alone. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
It has to be worth at least $700 maybe as much as $1000 or more to the right buyer.

You may want to put it on ebay with a reserve and let the market decide its current value.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RoverABQ - Ha! I know - I wished the same when I was looking

WayneB - Agreed. I was hoping to find an enthusiast on RR.net that was really looking for these bits vs going the ebay route. Figured if the thread had a bunch of interest, I'd post on the classifieds and looking to the members for a fair pricepoint.

Thanks for the feedback - Still undecided about selling vs holding for a future project.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2ndRR - Agreed, I watched those with great interest. I really wanted the original part and the wind fairing bit (I don't think voyager has the wind guard option) though if I couldn't find the original part, the pictures do look pretty close.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Do you have one for sale or are you buying? I'm a little confused by your post.
Neither at this point. He is trying to decide if he should sell the one he has.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ RRToadHall & 2ndRR - Right. I have one and if someone on RR.net really wanted it, I'd sell. If the interest is low, Ill keep it for a future project vs giving it away. Its not really bothering me to store it, just remembered when I was looking I'd have been all over this thread and figuring a time to drive and pick it up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided to sell the P38 Expedition Rack. Seems reasonable to let another enthusiast use it vs storing for another 10 years. I have the rack and mounting blocks pulled out of climate controlled storage to my garage and will dust off for some pics.

Question: Would it make more sense for me to have the rack media blasted and repainted / coated to get it to 100% perfect condition vs sell as good condition used?

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Real enthusiasts would be more likely to use it. THen there is the whole paint vs powder coat vs plasti dip etc choices that only the new owner would be entirely happy with. I would stick an advert in the sales section and see what happens.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rack sold pending funds.

This note though for future searchers. Buyer wants to ship and needed weight and dimensions.

60 Pounds
53+" Wide
84+" Long
7+" Tall

1 - 13 of 13 Posts