RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these on their Sport? I am not thrilled with the 109 load rating. I know some guys have tried them on the LR3's and have complained about sidewall punctures off-roading. Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I read the same complaints on LR3/4 forums about those Adventures, if that's the case the results on a Sport won't be any different as the two vehicles are basically the same weight and drivetrain. Too bad, as that "60" sidewall would seem to offer the extra cushion and protection one normally craves when wheeling. But if those sidewalls are butter, that won't help much, especially on the rocks.

Goodyear has recently listed the Wrangler DuraTrac in a 255/55/19 size on its US web site, so that tire should be available soon from your local GY dealer. Lower sidewall aside, on paper that tire looks like a good alternative to the only other decent A/T tire available in a 19" size here in North America, the 255/55/19 Cooper Zeon LTZ. The DuraTrac appears to be more of an All Terrain / Mud Terrain hybrid design, with a more aggressive tread than the Adventure with Kevlar, so it should offer better traction in slippery / muddy / snowy conditions. I understand it is also severe winter (snowflake symbol) rated. Although the 19" size is not LT-rated and the sidewall is a single ply, it's got a good load index/range of XL/111 (good enough for the Sport) and a decent S speed rating, so it should be a competent tire on the road as well. Check it out: http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac?ub=Y&updatecase=passivelyStored&action=save&webprodid=354&productcode=31200802700000

Reviews from UK based Disco/LR3 and Sport forums, where this Goodyear tire has been available for a while, have been unanimously good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks umbertob. I am still waiting to see if I can actually find any GY dealers that actually stock the 255/55/19 Duratrac because even though the website lists it, I haven't been able to find any. They are more aggressive tires than I need for the sport as it's my wife's DD but I still might consider them. Would love to find some 60 sidewalls. If I did any serious wheeling with the Sport I'd get 18's but I have two sets of 19's right now so I don't feel like switching at this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts