RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my 1st Mk3 range rover today and... wow.. i love it!

Taken me a while to work out what half the buttons do and im still buried in the manual... the seat still moves all the way forward when i unlock so i cant get in it, must change that.

Thanks to the forum i managed to resync the spare key so now the remote works on both so its saved me some cash already :)

Awesome bit of kit :D So different to the P38 i had, just amazing.

Is there a way to get the trip computer 'range' displayed on the message center? i get speed but i cant seem to change it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
To fix the seat you should program your seating options check the manual for that. I hope you enjoy the car RR are about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its gonna take me a while to get it all setup just right i think.

I dont get to use my camera much so heres some shots of her at 'home':

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Very nice looking, as for having the DIC show Range (miles to amost empty) I remember that there was a posting by Martin about a way to open a menu to do just that...It may also be posted in the X5 site.

Mark.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
860 Posts
Doesn't the button on the end of the turn signal stalk change the display. Range shows up on mine without any additional programming.

What do you guys think of thos add on side moldings?

Not sure how I feel about those.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It looks awesome actually brand new!! Great color if I may say so that was my choice :) I wish we could get a diesel here that would be my first choice.

I hope you enjoy it there is alot in the manual to read, but I think that is the fun part.

I would take the moldings off or paint them, but unless you really have some tight parking I would remove them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
marcpablo said:
Doesn't the button on the end of the turn signal stock change the display. Range shows up on mine without any additional programming.

Marcpablo is correct. Pushing the button on the turn signal stalk scrolls you through all the on board computer items, such as fuel consumption, time, speed, range, etc.

Enjoy your ride. Looks good. Nice licence plates.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i want the later style alloys at least.

Heh some editing was done on the plates in case some dont know.

I press the button on the stalk and it just scrolls speed then nothing then speed again so its missing the other items out, i can get range to show on the 'radio'

It is very clean, i was looking for one with the side mouldings, breaks the car up a bit to look at and if theres a chance they'll catch someones door in the car park before it slams into the paint they have to be worth it IMO

·
Registered
285 Posts
And I was going to compliment you on your COOL number plate 8)

O 2 would be worth LOADS more than the car :!:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehehe yeah wouldnt it just.

Just booked in for a free visual check over.. and a not so free front diff/prop check since there seems to be a lack of confidence in them on here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Highlight what you want displayed in the binnacle display on the computor, then when you scroll through using the button on the end of the stalk it will only show what you have chosen.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for that, i did manage to find the instructions for the ICE on the land rover site so used that to reset the program on it earlier today

·
Registered
646 Posts
To program the seat the buttons are on the side of the seat. It not only saves your seat setting but also the steering wheel and side mirrors.

Just set everything the way you want and then push M til it turn red then select a memory buttto 1-3.

This is then memorized to the key. So if you have 2 keys depending on which key is in the ignition when you do all this that key will activate that memory position when the car alarm is disarmed. Works great unless you grab your wife's keys.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im still scratching my head about the seat etc.. set the seat, mirrors and wheel to suit me, saved it in memory 1, fair enuff when i hit 1 it goes to the right places.

Now the manual says it'll remember where everything was when the key was used last, fair enough.

So why then since im the only one that drives it and i only use one key does the seat keep moving about? :?:

Cant see what the problem is, only thing about this key is that when i got the car it wouldnt unlock the car as the battery had been replaced so i resync'd it and it unlocks fine, but got this seat memory problem so could it be something to do with that?

·
Registered
646 Posts
The car remembers what key you used when you programmed your setting so if you used key #1 to program memory position 1. Then anytime you use key #1 to unlock the car it will move to memory 1.

It actively learns the keys. So if your wife gets in the car and moves stuff around and she hit a different memory position then the key will be programmed to that position.

All you have to do is start the car and push memory #1 for each key. Now each key is programmed for #1 as long as no one ever pushes another memory position.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Rusty_CallyT
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing