RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!

·
Registered
213 Posts
cameradude said:
mainly an oil change and checking the brakes. No bill was involved, apparently services are free at my dealership until 50k. Maybe you guys should check out South Bay Land Rover in Redondo Beach!
They are free at any dealership if your LR has scheduled maintenance. :shhh:

Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me. `)

·
Registered
69 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
cameradude said:

Back on topic though, I got my airbag cover replaced because of the peeling at no charge this morning. Didn't even have to bust out the copy of the TSB which of course I brought with me. `)
just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.

·
Registered
213 Posts
cameradude said:
MIAMIRRS said:
cameradude said:

just got the car in December off of a lease exchange, had no idea if it had the scheduled maintenance or not. excuse me smart ass.
No need to get hostile... But come on, what dealer is going to give away 50K miles of service for free? On the contrary, they are ready to screw you at the first opportunity.

·
Registered
69 Posts
you're right! BASTARDS! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
cameradude said:
you're right! BASTARDS! they wanted to charge me 6500 for wheels and tires that i found for 1500! still waiting for my airbag, said they had to ship ground because its hazardous and under pressure.....
One of the sales guys at my stealership was showing off the 22" stormers on his RR, trying to get me to buy them for $4800... Telling me how they were so great and why they were worth the price, blah blah blah... I pulled up ebay on my iphone and showed him those same wheels for $1500 with tires and told him I hoped he got one serious employee discount. :lol: They really thrive on people's ignorance. I think most companies that work on LR's do too.

Its a general thing I'm noticing with LR. Prior to the Range Rover Sport, I owned a pair of BMW 3-series, an 04 M3 and a 335i coupe. I was a member of several owner forums, and did a lot of work, both maintenance and performance myself. The prices for parts were SO much more reasonable than stuff for Land Rovers. I know that Land Rovers are in a different price range and 3ers are much more common cars, but I'm also under the impression that if there were more technically active and involved owners, parts manufacturers, mechanics and dealers wouldn't be able to get away with the grand theft they call parts, service and cost of ownership. I guess I have the stigma that a lot of LR owners are the kind that don't want to be bothered by or know the details of the work done to their car or whatever... they just want the MIL to go away.

"I need new brakes right this second too? Well you ARE the dealer, and YOU know what is best... OK" .... "$7,000? Oh well, it comes with having the name Land Rover..."

I think the most outrageous example is how 5 square feet of stainless steel mesh cut out to fit the grills is suddenly worth $8,000? How on GOD'S GREEN EARTH do people figure... and the worst part is, people actually buy it! I'm almost the exclusive one in Miami because I DON'T have a Strut kit...

And the aftermarket companies are not the only ones... the OEM grille for my RRS supercharged is like $380, side vents are $240 a pair???... come on, they are PLASTIC!!! Replacing all four grilles on my M3 (two in the hood/front and the side vents) was less than $300!

I feel like opening my window, shaking my fist and yelling "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!" :evil:

/rant

·
Registered
177 Posts
lakbum said:
Could you take a picture of the peeling airbag cover? I think mine might be doing that and I thought maybe it was just like that naturally since I didn't pay attention to it when I first got the car.
On my steering wheel, the top edge of the airbag cover was not aligned (i.e. it was sticking up higher) with the steering wheel itself. Now that I got mine replaced (both the wheel and the cover) the top edge is aligned, but the bottom is not :) Go LR of Manhattan!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
800 Posts
I have an '06 RRS S/C, with 42K miles on it - I took delivery of my truck in December '05.

What is the warranty period/mileage again? My air bag cover is beginning to curl upward as well, and the leather at the 9:00 position on my steering wheel is deteriorating (looks very thin; twisted and decayed). Do I have a shot at getting these replaced?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
800 Posts
umbertob said:
Your factory warranty expired 12/09, sorry man. You'll have to live with the curl and deteriorating leather.
Nah...I just have to replace it. :lol:

:?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts