RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you purchase the RR LWB again? Thinking of trading a fully loaded 2014 RRS

Good Morning!
I am hoping to get an idea of overall satisfaction with the 2015 RR LWB. I have one at the dealer and I am contemplating trading my 2014 RRS supercharged in for it.
Please share with me your overall impression of the brand and car.
Would you purchase it again?
Do it still hold up to it’s reputation of bad mechanics?
I will be taking a huge hit in the trade in, but if the full size is significally better, I am willing to be that stupid.:-?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Would you purchase the RR LWB again? Thinking of trading a fully loaded 2014 RRS

My 2015 LWB Autobiography was delivered during the first week in December - my 4th FFRR.

Although there have been several issues on this forum, I've had no problems - haven't been back to dealer.

I like the room in the LWB - haven't notice a handling difference vs SWB. Only comment is that the longer rear doors can be a problem in tight spaces.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Would you purchase the RR LWB again? Thinking of trading a fully loaded 2014 RRS

I had a 2014 LWB and loved it! I ordered a 2015 LWB in black to replace it when I got talked into trying out a 2015 Escalade (BIG mistake, took it back this week after only 2000 miles). I am now in a 2015 RRS Autobiography. The full size RR is a great car but I don't miss the size being in a RRS now. Honestly only get the LWB if you REALLLLLY need the extra leg room. I was carting two kids around most of the time so I don't really need the extra leg room. FWIW the LWB was built to house the executive seating package so executives could recline in style. I did enjoy the car but I don't think I'd get a LWB again, for the simple fact that the room isn't needed, very nice, but not needed. I agree with PP that the doors are pretty big so be careful where you park especially if kids are swinging those doors open!

Oh btw, no, I didn't have any mechanical issues with the car. There is a link in the L405 forum that talks about a long term test that I think Newsweek did? Anyway they didn't have any problems after one year of service with the car. Unless there is something you are really dying for on a 2015 Id say love your 2014 RRS!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

I test drove both the RR and RRS. We have an Acura MDX, so I was looking for something that was a step up from that in luxury, interior room and engine power. I didn't feel that the RRS gave me enough of a difference so we chose the 2015 RR ATB. I don't think one is better than the other ... they are just different vehicles!

As far as LWB vs SWB, my teenaged kids loved the extra space in the back, but although it is the family hauler, I also spend a lot of time driving on my own, so it didn't make sense for me to have the extra length the rest of the time. Had my oldest not been going away to college next year, I might have gone with the LWB.

As far as problems (you can find my recent posts and read the details), we weren't so lucky and got a RR that had a hard to find rattle that took 3 weeks to fix. I think there are more problems with RRS on the forum vs RR, but that is probably due to more RRS being sold. If you have a 2014 RRS that is problem free and you don't have any real requirements to switch/upgrade to a RR LWB, I wouldn't take the hit in the trade right now and would wait till the 2017 model to make the switch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you everyone that responded!
After test driving the regular rr vs the lwb rr,
I am leaning towards the LWB.
I have 3 boys 10 and 13 and they are only getting bigger!!��
I found the full size to be a little bigger than my Sport but not significantly to take
The 40k hit��
My 2014 RRS was custom build from the Mariana Black Paint +2 seating and the 6k stereo upgrade!
This bad boy is a rocket.
The LWB is a little mushy in its ride to me.
But the extra room is NICE.
I can't believe I am even considering this trade.

BTW, my sport is 10 months and 6,000 miles and only service was for the TMP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oops, meant 2 boys

·
Registered
57 Posts

Any RR I buy in the future will be an LWB. The ingress/egress is much easier even though the doors are tougher to open in very tight spaces. The room in the back is almost a must if you have teenagers. I have about 6k miles on mine and am keeping my fingers-crossed in hopes no mechanical issues show up.

I am leaning towards the LWB.
I have 3 boys 10 and 13 and they are only getting bigger!!?
But the extra room is NICE.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

The LWB is a little mushy in its ride to me.
Mushy just isn't the right word to use, because it sounds like a negative and makes you think the car isn't precise when driven. I don't have that many miles on it, but it felt perfectly controlled at 70 - 90 mph. The isolation from noise in the cabin is one of the things I wanted and it does a great job of that with minimum road and engine noise coming through. My description of what I wanted was an SUV version of an MB S-class and the RR meets that requirement much better than any of the MB SUVs. If I want to hear a loud engine and have to yell at my passengers I'll take the E63 s/AMG `).

I know the RR doesn't seem much larger than the RRS and at one time there was a post where we compared all the dimensions and the difference isn't that great ... but it really feels much larger when you are sitting in it and driving around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 15 RR ATB LWB and agree it's best to describe it as an SUV version of a MB S class.
Class, strength, power, exclusivity, refinement, quality, comfort, beauty and high tech are feelings associated with this SUV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts