RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there wonderful people, I'm new to this forum (previously been an Alfa owner) and looking to purchase a 2013-2015 Autobiography in the UK.

I actually arranged a vehicle inspection of a 2014 in Luxor Metallic, 24000 miles on the clock with full LR service history.

Turns out the car has had a rear bump and the repair isn't perfect (see pics). The local dealer (non land rover) was pretty shocked and seemed unaware. They are offering to get the rear tailgate and headlight repaired and repainted but wondered if I should simply walk away. The price is fairly competitive at £37000 and they are willing to also drop the cost a little.

The car is not listed as insurance repaired in its history check and is not considered a Cat D/S/N repair. Car is otherwise in great condition mechanically, interior is great also.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,187 Posts
I'd walk away unless you can get a great deal and plan on running it into the ground. When you sold it you would have to disclose as it's pretty easy to see and that drops your value even more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Agree with the prior comments. There are plenty of other L405’s for sale (at least there are in the US) so I would just pass and keep looking for one with no poor repairs on it (unless you got an insane deal ... not just an ok deal, and planned on putting 100k miles on it).

For that price, I would certainly pass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the input guys,
Ive decided to walk away. Would have been a bad decision i feel. So glad I posted here!

On a side note, I'm wondering if there's a significant difference between a 2014MY and a 2016MY. Seem to be a fair few lowish mileage 2013/4s that are £10k+ cheaper than the 2016/7 for the same spec. Is it worth getting a lower spec (vogue SE vs autobiography) to get a newer car (still out of warranty and pre facelift)?

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,187 Posts
14 versus 16 not much difference. Auto access height and trunk release with foot motion come to mind for the 16. ATB is special if you can find a good example that was well taken care of. 2017 would be worth it to go lower spec as infotainment is better but not sure about 16.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts