RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys,

As you know at 25yrs you can import near anything you want to the good ole United States, tanks, cars, trucks, anything as long as it has lights and a seat belt. There is a guy local to me who has a business importing Defenders from Germany and Spain. He can easily bring me over a LHD P38 DSE for almost as cheap as a decent P38 goes for stateside.

My question is for the folks here who own DSE P38s is it worth it? Diesel is more expensive than gas in the United States so there is no economical factor to having a diesel just the novelty and rareness of having a diesel P38.

• Thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
65 Posts
I imagine it would be nice to get more than 220 miles to the tank full........a manual transmission rangie would be pretty cool to see stateside as well.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
With a lot of mainland European cities, particularly in France and Germany, introducing Low Emission Zones and banning older diesels from entering the city, there's plenty for sale pretty cheap. Not all diesels were manual though, most were auto using the same ZF4HP22 gearbox as the 4.0 litre petrol. They aren't that economical either.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Why bother??
I've yet to understand the obsession with diesels here, even crap ones. And thats coming from someone who drives one every day. It's more expensive than gas, gells up in the North, noisy, slow, etc etc etc..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts