RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time BMW driver, decided this weekend to buy a new sport for a change. Those of you that have one would you buy it again, and if you switched from another luxury brand have you been happy with decision? Mine is several weeks away but excited to enjoy the Sport for a couple of years.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love my 2014 RRS. Getting 2018 in 3 weeks. I've had BMW's and Volvos. Luckily my RRS has been the best car I have ever owned and the most reliable. 4 years, never in the shop. Still after 4 years, I love to drive it every day. Can't wait for my 2018 Dynamic!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im on my 2nd. Had an ‘07 for four years (best car so far) since then I’ve had a benz, porsche and a few others, always kept comparing everything to the RRS. I’ve had my ‘16 now for two months and love it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely... I'm waiting on my 4th Rover, had two sports and one Full size over the past seven years, ordered a 2018 back in November. Before that I too was a BMW driver.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
My 14 is one month shy of 4 years old. Never been back to the dealer except for software updates in the first 6 months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be the voice of dissent. Long time Audi and Porsche owner. Picked up by 2018 RRS V8 Dynamic on Thursday. Basically all the electronics in the car broke 6 hours into having it. Dealer is very apologetic but says they're anticipating at least a few weeks but probably longer. They claim to have two Full Sized 2018 Range Rovers in with the same issue with the two center screens.
Very frustrating

·
Registered
108 Posts
Previous BMW and Mercedes/AMG driver- I'd absolutely buy again. Love nearly everything about my '16 RRS SC Dynamic and have had no issues with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Long time Benz SUV owner and made the switch to the RRS about 6 months ago. Best decision I ever made. I don't see myself looking back and look forward to driving my RRS everyday!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well, I’m about to order my 4th RRS, I’ve owned so many Jags I’ve lost count, I think it’s around nine. The Car before the F-Type was a 2013 BMW 135is, the Jag before that was an XJR. Oddly enough, I’ve never driven an Audi or Mercedes.

so to answer your question, I’ve been very happy with my decision to stick with the Sport.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
467 Posts
Yes. Another is on the way... and see sig below.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses, and sorry for the typo in heading. I currently drive a 6 gran coupe and it has been bullet proof, and also have a 991 that has been flawless, my only hesitation has been all the talk of reliability. Having said that, I am sure it is like most while there might be some issues, the majority of people that complain usually tend to be those type of people. After driving the Sport I just loved the comfort, the view from driver's seat, and how smooth the vehicle was not to mention I think it jut looks fantastic. Looking forward to spending some extensive time with it once it arrives.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
903 Posts
I'm on my 2nd Sport and my 5th Land Rover overall. I had my first sport for 6 years and did over 100k of relatively problem free miles. At around 98k I had to replace an injector. That was the most major issue that I had to deal with.

I looked at and drove a couple different brands and between comfort and style nothing really compared. There is just something about a Land Rover that the other brands don't beat.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
903 Posts
Thanks for all the responses, and sorry for the typo in heading. I currently drive a 6 gran coupe and it has been bullet proof, and also have a 991 that has been flawless, my only hesitation has been all the talk of reliability. Having said that, I am sure it is like most while there might be some issues, the majority of people that complain usually tend to be those type of people. After driving the Sport I just loved the comfort, the view from driver's seat, and how smooth the vehicle was not to mention I think it jut looks fantastic. Looking forward to spending some extensive time with it once it arrives.
The reliability talk is just that. Talk. Once people get a negative additude about something (probably anything) they won't even consider it. Heck a person that absolutely loved BlackBerry and the keyboard but has since started using Android will probably not even look at a BlackBerry even though it is an Android phone. Even so far as to claim that they went out of business while driving a car that runs on BlackBerry software.

I think it happens more with cars. My dad still wont by a Chrysler because of lemon he had in the 80's. Although he did come close to buying a Maserati a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
On my third RRS now. Had the previous 2 each for four years with no more than 1 days in the shop for nit picky reasons. The cars have been great overall and compared to the MBs I had in the past they have held their value at least 50% better when it came to resell. This time around I went and test drove everything else before coming right back. Nothing compres.

·
Registered
45 Posts
also have a 991 that has been flawless, my only hesitation has been all the talk of reliability.
I actually sold my '14 991 knowing it would eventually be replaced with a RRS, sadly I couldn't have both..:( but I found myself driving the Porsche less and less so knew it was time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had multiple X5s and one X6 and two Cayenne s over the years and my 2014 Range Rover Sport v8 so far has been pretty good. Pleasantly surprised so far, great looks, luxury, and sport combined. Would definitely consider again purchase wise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Absolutely. 50k on my 2015 ATB and it has been awesome from new. Trying to motivate myself to get a 2018 due to the systems update but tbh my current vehicle is great other than the slow e-tainment / nav system.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
I am sure it is like most while there might be some issues, the majority of people that complain usually tend to be those type of people. After driving the Sport I just loved the comfort, the view from driver's seat, and how smooth the vehicle was not to mention I think it jut looks fantastic. Looking forward to spending some extensive time with it once it arrives.
You've hit the nail on the head. The are far more folks that go through Range Rover ownership is only standard maintenance, maybe a few minor wear item repairs and of course any service bulletins that pop up. Major issues are few and far between and are usually the result of a third party part issue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts