RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I like to get all information as early as possible, I am interested in knowing some of the details of the car which I otherwise won't find out till I get mine in September, so if you can help me out, brilliant:

1. Any pics of the integrated phone assembly in the armrest and how it all works.
2. Details on the voice control stuff, what can you control and how does it actually work in real life.
3 Sat Nav - what is it like to use? What options and flexibility does it have when you use it such as being able to alter the scale of the mapping screen etc.
4. The auto box with the downshift 'commandshift' where it blips the throttle...what's it like to use? Does it make a nice sound when you use it?
5. Logic 7 stereo - is it good? I mean, really good?
6. The Aux inputs in the rear of the centre console - can you plug an MP3 player into it for the main stereo unit or is it just for the rear seats?
7. Adaptive cruise control- what's it like in operation - the part where it keeps your distance from the car in front that is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you email a photo via my profile I can host it no problem, there was another post recently about posting pics and I explained how to do it.

Here's what I said there:

The simplest way to do it yourself is to open a free account with an online photo album provider such as Kodak, MSN or my fave is http://www.flickr.com.

Then, once you've uploaded some of your pics, they even give you the full url string of the pic so you can just copy and paste it into a post here.

When you have a url for a pic, copy it, then in here, click on IMG (above) then paste the url in, then click on IMG again to close the Image tag.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, are there any cup holders in the rear for passengers? The front ones are blindingly obvious....

I see from your pics that in the rear, the rubber mats do not cover the centre tunnel area...do the floor mats not cater for this part of the floor?

If that's the case I would be better keeping hold of my Range Rover L322 mat set and using those.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The rear cup-holders are well disguised at the bottom of the centre console. Interesting that there is apparently no rear ashtray even on the model pictured which doesn't have Rear Seat Entertainment. I had until now thought provision of the Aux sockets for RSE replaced the ashtray. I'm a non-smoker but it just seems a strange omission.

I cannot compare it with the standard LR or std HarmanKardon system but the Logic 7 system is better than the BMW Professional HiFi with DSP and subwoofer in terms of sound quality and lacks only the ambience settings (ie room size, echo, Concert Hall, Jazz etc.) of the BMW. Subwoofer volume can be adjusted independently of bass and treble. Cleverly, if the engine is not running the volume is automatically limited to avoid battery drain.

The Aux sockets are for the main system OR the rear headphones since rear passengers can listen to any source (radio, CD, DVD, Aux) independent of front passengers. The volume of each source (incl Navi voice) can also be set independently of each other. On my car which has the rear seat entertainment system there are two aux sockets each catering for Audio and Video (for games, camcorders etc) and one 3.5mm socket which will take your Mp3 player. I presume from the pictures elsewhere that this latter socket is standard even without the rear seat entertainment system but I'm guessing the rear headphone issue only arises if RSE is specified.

Voice activation is more comprehensive than in other cars I have experienced. The handbook features about 5 pages of commands. It works on radio (eg retune by frequency), CD (eg CD5 Track 11), SatNav (eg find Chinese restaurants) Telephone, other vehicle systems. It also has a 'Notepad' facility for voice memos

Things like scale, orientation etc can be changed easily by touching the relevant symbol on the screen. No menus etc. Scale increase and decrease symbols are visible in map view at all times as is the function to orient map with North or the direction of travel at the top. Addresses can be entred by post code which is almost exclusively the method I use for expedience

Bluetooth phone connection allopws numbers to be dialled and calls to be answered hands free but for things like access to your phonebook (and therefore caller ID) and SMS text you need the appropriate phone cradle at about £85-£110. Only 4 or 5 Nokia phones, one Siemens and one Sony Ericsson are currenly supported and as someone has said earlier there is an important distinction between Nokias 6230 which works fully and their 6230i which doesn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts