RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would L322 Rover pass IIHS crash tests including small overlap?

Hi I am contemplating purchase of a 2007-08 RR HSE.

I know there is no comprehensive crash test info on these cars, but have you been involved in an accident and how well did your Rovers hold up?

Is there a steel metal bumper beam all the way across the front for collision protection (head-on, moderate overlap, small overlap)?

How would you rate the safety of L322 Range Rover vis-à-vis other large SUV's? (MDX, ML, Q7, QX, LX, H2, Escalade)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Re: Would L322 Rover pass IIHS crash tests including small overlap?

The test also highlighted one important factor that appears to make a significant difference in vehicle mortality rates: weight. Cars weighing less than 2,500 pounds saw 71 deaths per million registered vehicles, a number which dropped to just 41 deaths for cars between 4,000 and 4,500 pounds. SUVs saw the same trend, with 39 deaths per million between 3,000 and 3,500 pounds, which dropped to 20 per million for SUVs above 5,000 pounds. The lesson: even with all of today's advanced safety features, it's still better to have as much metal around you as possible.

BIGGER IS BETTER!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,756 Posts

There are many test videos and result write ups on the web for the L322. The long and short is that it rates good to excellent in everything except pedestrian safety... imagine. :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts

So I am reading this right....Someone is actually considering buying or not buying a Range Rover on the strength of it's totally BS safety score? Yep, the tests are far from real life in my experiences...but whatever floats yer boat I guess

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts