RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well would I be? My 07 sport has 86k miles and also is paid off and I do love truck but the amount of money I'm putting into is getting somewhat annoying( have spent at least 8k in last two years). Regardless I wouldn't keep the truck (07 sport) passed 125k miles which for me would be 2 more years. Im thinking of just using whatever value my truck is worth which should be around 18-20k and just using that to cover a lease. It also would be nice having a car with zero miles and the piece of mind of having warranty

An Evoque coupe can easily be has for 3-4k Down and 450 Ish per month, or I'm even considering an LR4 depending on the difference in payments

Thoughts, comments, jokes, anything is appreciated

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Unless you are going to work on it yourself you may as well have peace of mind and ditch it now.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Selfishly I am going to ask, are you going to leave those "new to you" Redbournes on, if you decide to part ways with your Sport?
I selfishly sold my stock 19's last week for 1k! so unless I have some stock wheels to throw back on I'm going to leave them on, where are you located exactly?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
it really depends on whether you have done minor stuff or major stuff so far. Not sure if that 8K is at dealer rates, or if you have access to a good Indy shop, as that can save you a bundle. On average, about 2K for repairs a year should be good, so it sounds like you may be either overpaying or you're just getting thru the major repairs, in which case, the RRS will last you easily to 150K

·
Registered
54 Posts
They gave me an Evoque coupe for a loaner. Here are my complaints about the Evoque. 1) The rear window is really small and it is it hard to see through the back window. 2) Head room is none, I am on 5ft 7in and my head touches the roof with comfortable driving position. 3) The doors are tall so you can not see over it and when you rest your arm and holding the steering wheel, your arm will be at a downward angle. 4) My knee keep hitting the memory buttons while driving so the seat move all the time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Another consideration, the panoramic roof glass has no way to close off the sun completely.( at least the one I had as a loaner didn't ) The tinted glass doesn't do the trick in keeping the interior temps to a reasonable level. Living in sunny SoCal could be an issue.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I like the Evoque!! I test drove one when I was looking for a Land Rover, then a RR A/B and ended up with my RRS.

Your RRS is paid off!! I really like that part, it belongs to you and not a Bank, awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong but your plan is to sell it, and I presume put the money in the Bank and maybe set up auto-pay to pay the Bank, who owns the Evoque but allow you to drive it for 48 months?

I think that plan will work, until month 49 when you have to return their Evoque and hand the Keys over. What then??

I would keep the RRS and put whatever your payment was in the Bank, that could also be your War Chest for paying for spendy repairs.
After 48 months you will have whatever your RRS is worth, say, $15K? Plus $24K ($500 pm) a $39K downpayment on a RRS!! ( Or Evoque if you really want one).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wife was testing drive a Evoque. IMO it's a chicks car. I don't see many guys riding it. It's small, not as powerful but it is nice inside. Leasing is a joke. Whatever money you put down you will never see again. You also need to look at the fees at the end of your lease. They will charge you for returning the car after your lease is over, regardless if you lease another one or buy it out. The more miles you are "allowed" the more your monthly payment will be.
If you look at cars.com you can get a 2013 "used" Evoque for a lot cheaper than a brand new one. I saw one the other day that had the Dynamic package (or whatever top of the line name is), which usually runs $59k brand new, and the "used" one was listed for $44k. Dramatic price drop after it leaves the dealer lot brand new.
I'm sure your pomeranian bark will be louder in there :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
$180...my final offer.
I don't think its going to happen Goose.

I got shot down on my offer for the wheels. He said he needs wheels when he turns it in / sells it. I don't know if I agree.....depending on the vehicle I am interested in buying, I might consider buying it with no wheels (or at least with only 3 interior door trim panels). Buyers have become so picky these days.

Sorry RRSPORT1 for hijacking your thread....just some good ole' tomfoolery.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
I'll throw this out there.

Most cars are worth more in parts than whole...like 2X.

1. Each month you strip off enough parts to make the loan payment on the Evoque,
2. Sell them
3. Two years from now when you get tired of the Evoque...repeat.

The beauty of this process? You never need to buy a car again.

Between the wheels and the door panel, you already have enough for the first month's payment.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahaha thanks for all the replies... Ive decided to get a 2013 Audi S4 completely different type of i know! As for now I'm going to be taking off my 2010+ tail lights and mud flaps and hopefully sell them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
9 Participants
RRS2006
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing