RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my 2016 Vogue to 2018 (ie changing the entire front and tail lights with genuine parts). Would that void the RR warranty?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,149 Posts
Yup, will have zero return and may even decrease the value--I know dealerships would prefer the vehicle stay 100% original. Although in Saudi maybe it's a different market.

However, it's your vehicle so go for it if you are keeping it for awhile.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
321 Posts
I'm not sure how your warranty laws work, but in the US the warranty cannot be voided in whole. For example, changing out your lights and perhaps a bumper cover could not affect the failure of an otherwise-covered powertrain component, etc.

That being said, unless the parts are virtually free, I'd avoid doing this as well. To each their own, but if the 2018 look was that important to me, I'd simply go get one. But everyone has a different situation and a different outlook...different strokes for different folks. If you do it, post up the before, during, after, DIY type stuff for the next person!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the genuine responses. You guys are great. I think I will trade the one I have with a 2019.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts