RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Last Saturday I hit a Nissan versa. Since the accident I can feel a vibration in the steering wheel when I exceed 100 km/h. I hit the Nissan at about 30 km/h but it was enough damage to put a good dent in the rear hatch and ruin the rear bumper. The only thing that appears to be damaged on my car is a crack in the front bumper and the fog light probably needs to be replaced but I'm wondering if that impact was enough to affect the alignment or the sway bars or the engine mounts. Obviously I'm going to take it to a mechanic to have a look but I'm wondering if anyone here has had that kind of an accident.

Crazy winter we're having

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
Hey guys,

Last Saturday I hit a Nissan versa. Since the accident I can feel a vibration in the steering wheel when I exceed 100 km/h. I hit the Nissan at about 30 km/h but it was enough damage to put a good dent in the rear hatch and ruin the rear bumper. The only thing that appears to be damaged on my car is a crack in the front bumper and the fog light probably needs to be replaced but I'm wondering if that impact was enough to affect the alignment or the sway bars or the engine mounts. Obviously I'm going to take it to a mechanic to have a look but I'm wondering if anyone here has had that kind of an accident.

Crazy winter we're having
Was it fixed in shop? A hit and run?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, I hit HIM.... Stupid indecisive drivers. We were making a right hand turn to merge into traffic. I looked at him, he started moving so I Did my shoulder check and saw it was clear, then stepped on the gas, by the time I noticed that he had stopped again it was too late. It was a full on 30kph impact so I hit him hard enough to ruin his back end where the Rangie only suffered some cosmetic damage but it was enough to bend the front of the fender.

We were in a snow storm at the time and the car was going through a lot of snow so I'm HOPING, it is just snow build up in the rims but the vibration started after the impact so I'm not sure.

Not fixed yet as the Dealers body shop is a little backed up from all the accidents this past week (including WhiteBison's little adventure)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
I've often has snow/ice build up on the passes. What happens is that I hit a bump or someone's discarded tyre chains and it knocks a big hunk of ice off one of my rims and the rig bounces all over the place until all the ice breaks free or I get to a lower elevation and is melts enough to fall off.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm really hoping it's just that. Don't need more crap to go wrong with this waiting game of a claim. Although I have to admit, so far the insurance company has been very good, just slow because they're so busy.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. So it seems like it was snow build up in the rims but I'll hold off on flushing the rims out with a pressure washer as it's just too cold right now and the water could easily freeze and create a greater imbalance. So far the vibrations n has been getting smoother and smoother since the accident but I'll try it again at 140 to see if the vibration is still there.

Now let's say it isn't snow build up (which, as we all know, it most likely is) and it is a result of the accident. Would anyone know what could cause this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts