RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a FaultMate the other day....mmmm nice.... :thumb:

Been having a lot of agro with the amount of fuel my P38 drinks. Had a Classic RR from new some years ago and it didn't have nearly the drink problem this one has. (250 miles on a tank if i'm lucky)

I had tried all the usall things... oil change/flush...new plugs...new rockers+shafts( Bank A had some stuck!)...leads and so on and so on...

The faulmate cost me a few quid I know but at least I can see what is going on (and going wrong)

So I hooked it up and found bank b O2 sensor was at 0volts...open loop...so giving that side of the engine max fuel

Got two new ones at a cost of £112 inc tax and delivery (about the price of a full tank of fuel here in the UK)

Now the old girl is running with much more power, is smooth, you can stand at the back when running and breath, and don't sound like a deseil any more.

Done 300+ miles after a fill up and still have about a fith of a tank.

If the drink problem has indeed been solved I should be saving money on the Faultmate by about Christmas :D :D

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Right but an OBD2 reader can't reset the adaptive values after the O2 sensors replacement

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Eh...nothing a battery reset and a long drive won't cure.
The battery reset of short term fuel trims saved my $$$ few times but i don't know for how long i need to drive to have good long term fuel trims

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Ha...I just pulled that out of my azzz...it might not ever work. :dance:
I'm sure that could work in theory but if you have to drive 2000 miles for the Gems to adapt, you're **cked

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Totally off topic... I gotta say Scott, you have the most amazing siggy pic. I recently spent three days pulling all of my window tinting off. I can not believe how much of a difference it made. The 90's ghetto pimp look disappeared and I have clear and crystal views all the way around. My rig feels more spacious and roomy inside. I have also lost the tacky nics and scratches from years of tents, chairs, bar stools, dog paws and pic nic basket handles marking things up. It truely feels like a new rig.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
To continue with the off-topic theme...I could not live without tint here in FL. It makes a tremendous difference with the a/c efficiency.

And no, I will not share my meds... I seriously wanted to cut my leg off yesterday to try to alleviate some of the pain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts