RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have my 2015 RRS which bought used last year, currently has 66k miles on it and runs great. My extended warranty runs for 3 more years i believe and 95k miles, and I want to keep the truck in as good shape as possible without the wear and tear and added mileage. I was contemplating getting a 2nd cheap car to pair with it (like a 2009 Mercedes E350) to use as a daily driver to go to work, or just to go to the gym. In total around 20+miles a day. Only planning on spending around 7-8k on on this, and insurance looks like it's only $30 more a month. I was curious if anyone here has thought about it or has done this, and if they thought it was worth it in your opinion. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think it's worth it. The Range Rover is meant to be a daily car. It's a 2015 with 66k miles so you aren't going to be doing much to the value by trying to keep it nice. I think if you consider just the running costs on a Range Rover including maintenance and also running costs another car (and depending on the car, like the Mercedes, maintenance and repairs can pile up fast on older models). I say just daily your Range and take care of it and enjoy it until it runs out of warranty.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree. RRS is meant to be a daily driver "jack of all trades"-- not a weekend-only classic sports car. Just use it and enjoy it for the duration of the warranty.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use my rr as my daily and have my g63 which is used weekends sometimes.

the rr is like a s class a great daily

if anything I would add a AMG or a M car as a weekend car and have the rr as a daily in your situation

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been told by both Dealers that the Rover 5.0L Supcharged is a really reliable engine that needs to be driven, and driven hard within reason to stay in shape... kinda like muscles need to be stressed to stay in peak performance. The shop foreman and master mechanic said the ones that have problems are the ones that don't get their oil/filter changed every 6-8K and the ones that don't get driven enough and/or babied like an old Lincoln Continental. I bought mine for extreme comfort and super performance both on and offroad... for weekend mountain home trips and weekday slot-car style Atlanta traffic commutes where you need the power to get in front of and away from the common idiot. YMMV...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see there are plenty of responses that are inline with my experience, but I thought I'd add to the mix here since I did exactly that.

I had a VW GTI as my daily driver, and a bmw 335is, and then found my 2015 RRS SCV8 because, well, we all need 3 cars at some point.

All that did though, was accentuate how high quality the RR is, and how other cars don't compare.

I thought keeping the GTI (which I loved) would help keep the miles down on the other two cars, but between the stereo, exhaust note, and 510hp in the RRS, the GTI quickly started to seem cheap.

So, I ended up selling it, and now drive the RRS daily, with the 335is in the garage. The RR even makes the bmw seem a bit slow, but I keep it because it's a manual.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As others said, just drive the RRS.

With all my past/present vehicles, I drive them gently until they're properly warmed up, and then I drive them like I stole them.

Even my Defender gets this treatment - and mechanics/people who drive it are always surprised how smooth the engine is after 10 years :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts