Range Rovers Forum banner

Worst week for my range ever

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  brad s1 
#1 ·
As I posted earlier in the week, expansion tank exploded...

I repaired that 2 days ago $100 + $20 for fluid, truck worked fine yesterday, today I get steam from the ex tank again, looks like the cap is bad or something... It isn't failing, but it leaks around the cap, maybe something is causing too much pressure in the system? I'm going to burp it tomorrow...

If the steam wasn't bad enough, I get suspension inactive while shopping in access height, so now I have no suspension. Then it died on the road. Get it towed home, throw a new battery in $200, fires up, still suspension inactive... Just for the heck of it I pulled into the local mechanic, I had time to kill... Amazingly he has a hand held that reads the codes and was able to fire the suspension back up @ no charge... I tipped him $40 and he was blown away, apparently he's never talk to a land rover tech.

Hoping the truck is in good enough shape for a 100 mile trip on Saturday, the coolant issues have me concerned.

#5 ·
Gazellio said:
Did you do the full lock to lock exercise with the S/W after reconnecting the battery????
Oh yeah, that's wasn't the issue at all... Thats rover 101 stuff, haha... The lights behind the selection area were gone, and inactive up on the cluster, that usually means you've got problems

Thanks for the help though :thumb:

RRDave said:
Brad, did you find out what handheld he had? Very curious....
Dave I don't... I pulled into this place with basically zero hope of them clearing the code. They actually tried their day to day scan tools which didn't work, then the owner came in and told them, "open up that one we've never used and link up." 2 seconds later the truck jacked itself back up.

I will be going to this place again soon, I will find out what it is and bump this thread

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.