RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Range Rover, needs a new engine (confirmed by dealership and 2 third party mechanics prior). 10 year old car, but I do want to keep it. I would only buy a rebuilt or used engine. I know very little about pricing on this though, what should I be looking for and expecting in terms of prices for the engine and what about the labor? Where should I look? I also heard you can use a BMW engine 4.4 03-06 on this. Is that true? Any tips or ideas in any form or fashion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
When the dealer said you needed a new engine did they happen to tell you what was wrong? Can it be rebuilt (by someone else)?
There are plenty of sources for used engines, but it sounds like you're not going to install it yourself. The easier path maybe to find someone to install it and see what they would charge for the engine. 15 minutes on the web will give you an idea on the market for used RR engines. Please make sure the engine & install have a reasonable warranty. I wouldn't expect more than 30-90 days.
Buying an engine and asking someone to install it has several pitfalls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts