RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it happens with age, the wood trim on the door cards of my classic seemed a little too loose, I attempted to remove and the metal clips encrusted on the veneer wood had come out of the wood.
I searched for options but nothing too viable surfaced. in order to attach the metal clips back onto the original wood I visited a local hardware store. at my wits end I spoke with a gentleman who could have been the age of my father if my father would be alive.
this gentleman suggested the best way to reattach said metal piece to thin wood would be to use gorilla glue, I am happy to report it has been a year since the repair exposed to all 4 seasons and so far so good, I had never used said product but I am satisfied with it's outcome.
just in case others are looking for the same results.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have used the gorilla glue for various projects
It is good stuff I agree
Also the different gorilla tapes are also superior

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
66 Posts
I had a similar problem with some of the clips and had good luck with Loctite Stick'N Seal Ultra.

I was panicked at first that I would not be able to press the clips back in and get them to stay, but after inspecting several pieces I had it looked like most were glued.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I too glued wood trim back on my 95lwb. The first time I used Gorilla Glue; and while it sticks pretty good, it expands while drying, causing a not-so-flush fit. I re-glued with ,I think, a Locktite product. Anyway works good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 1995 LWB County, It was missing some wood trim but I have now managed to get all the pieces. However I am missing some of the metal spikey clips and was wondering if anyone would know where to find some. I am also open to alternatives if anyone has an idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts