RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a wood steering (from a p38) on the classic? Wondering what it looks like?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
Has anyone put a wood steering (from a p3:cool: on the classic? Wondering what it looks like?
ISTR someone put a wood trim steering wheel from a P38 in an RRC...

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
It will depend on your year and model of Classic.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
It will depend on your year and model of Classic.
Good point, the pic I posted is a '95, not sure about fitment for other years...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
282 Posts
Wood and Picket fitted them to many of their conversions - I can only find a picture alongside extensive other interior mods, but if it helps, here's one of theirs...

1985-Range-Rover-Limousine-wood-picket-21-400.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Mine is a 1995 lwb, so it should work? Or you think I should leave it?
I think it can look great, but personally, I'd want to match it with the other wood. Matching is a PITA, so for me, I would pass on that project, though, I've often thought about replacing all the wood with a birdseye maple veneer. I have that in my DD, and it looks great, but changing veneers in my RRC is a low priority project, more of an idea, really.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
282 Posts
If you're running a '95, I guess you're on SRS airbags?

If so, I think you're limited to a veneer covering - I'm sure I read somewhere that wood and air bags are not terribly compatible (to prevent the risk of splintering in an air bag deployment) - might be wrong, but that's what I understand

Don't forget a 300 series Discovery 1 wheel should fit - might help widen your search a little

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
All P38 wood wheels are SRS compliant. There is no wood on the air bag area. Then again if you are doing this for looks only the SRS could be disabled. If you want SRS enabled I imagine you would be limited by the compatibility of the clock spring assembly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts