RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation to what type of wax/polish to use on the interior wood finishes? My wood steering wheel seems sticky and I would like for it to be smooth. Thanks in advance..

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Any decent quality auto was will do just fine. However you will want to clean it first to remove whatever sticky residue is present. Warm soapy water works just fine. You will find that the finish is much tougher than you would imagine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input. The wood interior on my RR is a work of art in my opinion. Thanks again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As with Toad, keeping it clean with warm ver slightly soapy water on a microfiber is the best thing you can do. I would avoid waxing unless you end up matting (via rubbing/micro scratches) a high gloss surface (in which what you should really do is polish it) as waxed surfaces on the interior of a car can pick up dust.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Damp paper towel to wipe off dirt and then wipe with a microfiber cloth. My solution for cleaning most things, unless I just prepared raw meat on that surface!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts