RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Rover LWB - cleaned coolent sensor, temp sensor, stepper motor and replaced some pressure lines and went to fire it up and it won't even turn over. Battery was disconnected from the start and shows 12volts. Does anyone know what safety feature is keeping my truck from even trying to turn over? What are the things to start going thru to diagnose? The temp gauge light goes on when I turn the key to start position but I don't recall if it has always done this before starting. Any help would be huge, Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If it's an automatic transmission, the neutral safety switch must sense the shifter is either in Park or Neutral. If it's a manual, I don't know if Rover implemented a clutch interlock or not.

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, tried that, re-tried battery. Has to be some safety mechanism that kicked in after messing with the sensors. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Leav said:
Thanks, tried that, re-tried battery. Has to be some safety mechanism that kicked in after messing with the sensors. I'm stumped.

there is one single tin wire going to starter solenoid if that gets loose, dirty or comes off, engine will not turn over and it will seem like its in gear, check that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts