RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An FYI fr everyone. So, this past weekend after my car sat idle after driving fine for a few hours, it failed to start. it was turning over but just wouldnt start. It could not be jumped, the battery was fine. I had it towed ad the problem ended up being a $745 fuel pump. Just wanted to post this for anyone else having similar issues. The pump was getting electric to it but was not responding (electrically).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Unfortunately, this isn't as rare as one might hope. It does cost less if you are willing to do some dirty work yourself though. I heard mine making weird noises last winter... turned out my fuel filter was pretty badly clogged. I replaced it and it sounded normal afterwards (not really audible). I am hoping that the $60 filter replacement saved me from the $$$ pump replacement... so far so good nearly a year later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just replaced my fuel filter on my 03 at almost 80,000 miles and 8 years in service as preventive maintenance. Cost me $150, parts & labor, at my indy shop - we'll see if it pays off.

-Cliff

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Does anyone know what the service interval for the fuel filter is?

·
Registered
48 Posts
RRPhil said:
150,000 miles according to the schedule for UK spec. vehicles : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29990#p230577

Phil
And the service interval for oil changes is 15,000 miles, and the transmission is filled for life with no service interval for fluid/filter changes. Just sayin.

I was having a DTC that kept popping up that my indy mechanic thought might be coming from a partially clogged fuel filter, so it was part preventative maintenance and part a shot in the dark at that issue. So far, that particular DTC has not returned after the change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone happen to know where the fuel filter is located?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
There is a little access door where you can get at it... you can see diagrams in RAVE if you download it. A couple quick searches should get you what you're looking for. 150k service interval for fuel filter seems REALLY long. I would at least check it every 30k miles (more often if your vehicle regularly sits for days/weeks at a time), but there is some effort to get the thing out, and the part doesn't cost much, so I personally will just replace whether it needs it or not whenever I check it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts