RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 hse ...only get a single click when turning key. Faultmate gave b1101 code under imobiliser category with message of comfort relay failure --actuator stuck. Anyone have any ideas on repair?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Most likely looking at a starter solenoid failure, and the fault is somewhat erroneous. The system sees that the starter relay(comfort start relay, as in it stays engaged until the engine fires up, not just til you let off the crank position with the key) is engaged and there is no engine speed.

The relay is monitored, but the starter itself isn't, so it stores a fault for the relay, but since you're hearing the click(assuming decently audible click sound) the starter is trying to engage, so the relay is fine.

Could also be low battery voltage, but if it still gives you a click with a jump, you'll need a new starter.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of the battery also and went ahead and put a new one in since it has been about 4 years since last replacement...no change. You are right about the quite audible click! I'll get the starter checked. I've been having intermittent starting problems (3-4 tries before it starts) for a couple of months. Will post results. Thanks for advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts