RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a 2000 Range Rover and I have a problem with it that whenever I put it in any forward gear (hi or low) it revs but doesn't move forward hardly at all (like if the clutch was slipping really bad but its an auto) If I put it into reverse it moves fine.
any ides as to what's happening.
Thanks in advance for any info

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,295 Posts
From Ashcroft Transmissions (UK). This could be your fault:
I can pull off in position 1 on the shifter and reverse is OK but in 'D' it will either not pull off or will crawl off in 3rd, why?
One of the internal one way clutches has failed which means that when you try to pull off in 'D' it slips for a few seconds before the ECU recognises a fault then the ECU puts it into 'limp home' which is 3rd gear, then it pulls off, its not easy to just charge this part so usually the whole box is replaced, note this fault can be caused if the chain in the transfer case is jumping.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,419 Posts
Bosch or Gems?
Checked the fluid level?
Service the transmission.
Follow the refilling instructions to the letter.
Instructions can be found in Rave which, if you have not downloaded yet, you need to.
Trans service and the problem you are describing have been covered many times. Try "Search" on this site...It is your best friend!
Oh, knowing at least roughly where you are on the planet is quite helpful to the others here.........

Edit: Orangebean was faster than me, but I would try the trans service before writing off the whole box!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts