RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car drove absolutely perfect up until about 2 weeks ago. Went to the library for about an hour and a half, car suddenly wouldn't crank or start. Tried to get it jumped, but wasn't the battery. Eventually after a ton of head scratching and key turns, the car starts out of nowhere. The next day it starts up just fine. Go to start it again and it's the same no crank no start problem as before. It's been an on and off problem and I can't seem to figure it what it could possibly be. I've noticed it's been a lot colder out lately, and it's no longer garage kept, could this play a factor in why it won't start? No clue what makes it decide to start only when it wants to. If anyone can provide any sort of help I'd greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions or anything please let me know. I'll try to get a video of everything that happens asap.

Here is video. Posted question in wrong section, sorry!

https://youtu.be/aposqUo4g3I

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,109 Posts
Did the steering column unlock, couldn't hear the solenoid clicking on and retracting the locking pin in the video? Couldbe your steering column ECU if its not unlocking.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
Use the search feature (on the right side in red) and look for ignition switch failure, won't start and words like that. Sounds like your ignition switch might have failed or is failing. It can be easily accessed and cleaned as a place to start.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
138 Posts
Welcome to my world. Mine does the exact same thing. I had the steering column replaced which helped, but I still get the occasional no-start. If you remove and replace the negative battery cable, it will probably start right up for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts