1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting Everyone!

2004 Range Rover HSE

Some days I get a bumpy ride like when it is cold and but some days it is not. I was wondering if the rotors/brakes to be the problem. It appears that eh wheel balancing should not be the issue as it would be out all the time right? I was goingt o change the rotors and brakes myself and need a little feedback on what the issue might be. Yea was told a few months back that I needed rotors anyway as the steering wheel vibrated when I hit the breaks but it has sine stopped but now the bumping/wobble when driving..and not when I hit the breaks.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,947 Posts
what kind of tires do you have and how old are they?
Where is the truck parked inside outside ?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
The information requested in the post above is a good start. It should be said if there’s a known issue with rotors, of course that’s where the search for problems should start. If you changed brake pads and not rotors it’s possible the rotors kind of broke in and smoothed a little with new pads, but Is still an issue. I only posted to say I bought some oversized rims for a truck I have when I broke one of the stock rims. They were cheap, but the 24in tires were 240$ a piece. Those z rated tires get flat spots in them that vibrate the crap out of the truck until they warm up. If I run 50psi in them, it doesn’t do it as much. So it could be flat spots.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
After checking the brakes another less obvious issue might be the steering rack. I experienced some intermittent odd ball horrible wobble etc in my brothers 03 jetta diesel wagon which I thought was snow caught in the rims but was not. He flushed the system and now the weirdness is gone. i think a few range owners have this iirc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts