RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bright yellow 1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with the GEMS engine. As I expected it has a few relatively minor issues, (light bulbs, idle valve, etc), but generally everything seems to work. It rides and drives extremely well for a vehicle of its age. I purchased it primarily for use in the winters where my other vehicles, all 2WD get stuck. Still getting to know how some of the stuff works, probably going to purchase a RAVE CD.

yellow.jpg

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
GOrgeous. The AA yellow is my fav colour. As for RAVE you can download it for free. See the FAQ stickie.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Very nice..

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
103 Posts
Reminds me of the Beetles song about a Yellow Submarine :).
You should be very visible in traffic. I've never ever seen a yellow RR. I really like my red one, but a yellow one would be nigh irresistible.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to the exclusive cabbie club!
Rover.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, the wife calls him minion because he is yellow, my workmates call him the school bus. It is a very bright yellow.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks guys, the wife calls him minion because he is yellow, my workmates call him the school bus. It is a very bright yellow.
My sister calls mine "the short bus" in a very politically incorrect fashion

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Definitely my favorite of the P38s! I especially go wild for the yellow piped seats. Drool.

By the way, those are called the "4.6 HSE Vitesse". Only came in red or yellow and about 100 - 150 of each color were made. Read up on them on the homepage. I wouldn't be able to beat one up in winter/salt conditions.

http://www.rangerovers.net/modelspecs/1997.html

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its kind of funny. This started as a winter 'beater', but the more I fix and the more I read, the more I like it, so things are now being repaired. So looks like I have yet another project LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts