RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help with a wiring schematic for a Range Rover '98 HSE 4.6ltr P38.
particularly to the main computer behind the battery
mainly need use/colour key code and which plugs are which

hooking up a new Haltech, to manage the Eaton blower, coolant temp sensor, crank sensor, throttle position sensor.
new motor built for it and Tornado chipped

have done Search on here and a coupla other sites, Google search, and been to the local library, can't find anything relevant on the Rave CD.
tried the local Dealer, incompetent to say the least, gave us a Diesel one first and lord knows what the second time, neither had the symbol code.
maybe the Boffins at LR didn't record how they wired the bloody thing !

..............tasi

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
The only wiring diagrams I've ever seen are on RAVE - the Electronic Troubleshooting Manual.

I've never seen any details of the modules. The pinouts are listed in the ETM and that's about all.

You might want to Google GEMSbyPoole.pdf which give a rundown on the GEMS engine management system. If you can't find it, I can email it to you.

I can also send you the LR training documents on GEMS.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ron ..... just had a chat to my mate the mechanic, while looking at that pdf., [which is for a Morgan but] the top of the ECM looks very familiar.
it's got each of the plugs, the pinout numbers we need, and their use .
we could be good to go, he'll look closely at it after tea.
then he can hook the Haltech loom up to what he needs.

............tasi

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
The files are all up on my website now.

Which Haltech are you using?

I've got an Interceptor on mine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron it's the Haltech Platinum Sprint 500
as they say it's 'way cool' .... has some awesome capabilities.
and i must say the people at Haltech support were brilliant.
we had an old F5 and no wiring diagram (sounds familiar don't it). got it going with their help then it died ...stone dead

.............tasi

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Hey Tasi - you know a couple of lads on the "mainland" are hanging out to see what your Eaton does `) (me, Andy... and no doubt a few more)
My better half is wanting to do a trip down there in the next few of months 'coz she loves the place. I'm planning to bring the "Hard Rangie" for a run over on that o/night ferry from Melbourne... do you want/need anything and what can you do to the Hard Rangie to make it "better" while we're there? ;)
Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PaulP38A said:
Hey Tasi - you know a couple of lads on the "mainland" are hanging out to see what your Eaton does `) (me, Andy... and no doubt a few more)
My better half is wanting to do a trip down there in the next few of months 'coz she loves the place. I'm planning to bring the "Hard Rangie" for a run over on that o/night ferry from Melbourne... do you want/need anything and what can you do to the Hard Rangie to make it "better" while we're there? ;)
Cheers, Paul.
Paul i'm hanging out too, it's been a long drawn out process.
my poor Holden Crewman is taking a real flogging .... going places a lowered vehicle shouldn't. bellied it twice and damaged the left side skirt and rear guard.
at least i know it's being done properly, a mate and his son (old style mechanic and new style whizz bang laptop mechanic) are doing a super job.
i'll introduce you to them
i'll be heading over there in late August but going out to SW Victoria, Casterton Hamilton way. other than that let me know when and i'd love to hook up, give me plenty of notice i might be able to arrange a trip or take a day off to do some sightseeing
i've got a few bits from Andy i need to return, do i need anything ??? a bloody good quality snorkel, i'm terrified of getting this thing wet ...
unlike my old Classic.
hopefully by that stage i'll have the front diff armour sorted to show you (unlike that shovel i saw on yours), got the QT Defender one on the back and modifying one for the front.
i think you've got my e-mail address already, Andy has i know, but if not send me a PM/e-mail on Aulro site

.................tasi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts