RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all, so this is a question that I can't figure out. I have 98 RR HSE 4.6 with tow package " I'm guessing factory " my question is the plug on back is a round connector, I guess I need an adapter to hook up trailer. I did read that European cars have separate wires because they use separate for brake and light. Help! I'm a bit confused

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds like someone installed the trailer plug kit. I would verify that by looking behind the access door behind the passenger size tail light. You should find an interface box plugged into the harness then feeding your plug. If that's in place, then you just need to adapt to whatever plug you wish to use. Either with a plug in adapter or remove the plug you have and install the one you need, re-routing wires accordingly. If you don't have the box and someone just scabbed wires onto the tail light wires, you will probably get warning in use that your bulbs are burned out.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
768 Posts
A round plug is a standard tow socket over here, the plugs are readily available on the bay,, as is a wiring diagram on the net

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, checked and it's an lrna32con, the brake controller is also a land rover part, can't make out number thou. I'll have them checked and tested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts