RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I hope someone can help me out. My wipesr have stopped working on intermitent, slow and wash, They only work on fast. I got the low washer fluid warning, switched the wipers to intermitent pressed the wash button they washed and parked and then zilch. I have a 1250km drive home from Germany to France tomorrow and the forcast says rain and snow for the first 500 or so kms, so it would be nice to try to fix them.
Thanks
Regards
Mik

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Could be wrong but I would suggest changing stalk switch lever with a good 2nd unit to see...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that I did think it might be the stalk. But it's gon on three functions at once.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had that happen to another car, turned out to be a relay, the fast speed was a kind of fail safe to make sure you have wipers. Not sure if its the same on the rangie?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Just setting off into the snow and hope the fast setting lasts till I get home.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Does sound like a stalk contacts issue or possibly wiper motor.
Regarding the motor itself. Would it be that the motor spins faster because more voltage is applied across the rotor/ brushes? If so, possibly there is too much resistance or the brushes are worn down and only a higher voltage can persuade it to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts