RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have questions regarding the windshield wipers and washer fluid. First, my washer fluid (especially on the passenger side, LHD vehicle) is coming out at much greater pressure than normal. It's almost overshooting the windshield, which is not ideal. Are there any reasons that this might be? I've tried cleaning the nozzle tips already.

My second question is with regards to windshield wipers. Mine are in need of replacement, and I am curious as to whether there is a specific type of blade that works/doesn't work? I was looking at the RainX brand, as I have had good luck with their fluid as well.

Let me know,

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
490 Posts
Both side of the front washer system are fed from the same pipe. If one has more pressure than the other then the one with less pressure is partially blocked. Fluid takes path of least resistance. Also like any other nozzle on a car you can with the help of a fine stiff wire or sewing needle change the direction of the nozzle.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Removing the washers and soaking them in lime cleaner does wonders. Be careful though as they tent to get brittle with age. Thankfully they are cheap to replace and always in stock with AB. If you order new ones be aware that there are two different kinds.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll take a look at the washers again soon.

As for the wipers, is there a particular mechanism to attach that is required? Are the LR blades unique to us, or can we use generic wiper blades?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
490 Posts
Generic replacements from CanadianTire will do. I think they are 22" but I could be mixing that up with my SAAB. They will be listed in the book at CT.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
408 Posts
I use the Bosch frameless wipers, they work really well and seem to last reasonably! I am one of those who changes blades at the end of summer and again at the end of winter, maybe a little over the top but the sand here plays havoc during the summer months and I really hate wipers that streak and chatter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts