RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had a look through various forums, but not found any answers yet. Wipers will only work on the fastest setting, slower speed and intermittent isn't work. They also won't park. Is this a common fault? Any pointers as to where to look to fix this?

Thanks,
Tom

RHD 1990 3.9 Vogue SE

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
Hi,

I've had a look through various forums, but not found any answers yet. Wipers will only work on the fastest setting, slower speed and intermittent isn't work. They also won't park. Is this a common fault? Any pointers as to where to look to fix this?

Thanks,
Tom

RHD 1990 3.9 Vogue SE
LOL! My NAS 95 has a similar issue, except mine work in both speeds, but intermittent, not so much. It does park fully when I press down for a single swipe, which is my workaround for the delay wiper. Just another lower priority task on my to-do list unless it completely stops working...

I should check the relay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
possible defective park switch which is built in to the motor it self. I don't think classic wiper motor is available, I could be wrong.
if it turns out the motor is defective and you cannot find it new, you could retrofit that of a d2, you need to solder your classic connector plug in place of the d2 as they are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly no luck, swapped the relay for a new one over the weekend and still no change.

Wipers only run at full speed and won't park... Motor itself next?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hmm. Mine has no intermittent or park, but both low and high speed work. So likely the motor - argggg!

Anyone know if the "1995 RRC" uses the '92-'94 RRC motor, or possibly the D1 wiper motor?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
the connectors are a bit different across the years, you may have to retrofit the replacement motor to use the 95 plugs.
yes the motor works across the years and models.
the d1 and d2 are almost copies of the classic, they share lots of bits here and there some with minor mods, others direct fit.

·
Registered
372 Posts
95classiclwb - Thanks for the info! One of these days I'll have to start looking for wiper motor...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been having a look at the wiring diagrams, I see that the motor contains the park switch. But struggling to see what controls the speed/intermittent controls for the motor. Is there anything in the stalk/control switch on the steering column? Or is that just a simple switch, with the speed controlled via the relay?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've been having a look at the wiring diagrams, I see that the motor contains the park switch. But struggling to see what controls the speed/intermittent controls for the motor. Is there anything in the stalk/control switch on the steering column? Or is that just a simple switch, with the speed controlled via the relay?
yes there is a relay with 7 terminal, AMR2341 original is red. replacements altho the same part numbers are a bit smaller than original and their color varies to black or blue.
it is located in the relay cluster around the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I did replace what I thought was the correct relay with a brand new one. Taking out a red Lucas one with that part number. I need to investigate a little more, as swapping the relay made no difference. Unless someone has fitted that to the rear wipe socket in the past?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts