RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here and have my first question. On my 2011 RRS the passenger side wiper arm stopped working. I pulled the arm off and it looked stripped. Did a few test wipes with the arm off and the motor worked fine. So I ordered a new wiper arm and installed it. The wiper worked fine for 15 minutes or so....then the arm dipped below the windscreen and quit working. Checked the motor again and it appears to be working fine.

What am I missing here? Is there an adaptor or something else that needs to happen when installing a new arm?

I noticed the wiper spline has teeth on it, but the arm has nothing, it’s slick on the inside. I’m assuming once you tighten the arm down the steel will grip into the softer aluminum.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went back out and checked the arm, it is attached to the spline just fine. The arm will move freely though when you push it up and down the windshield. Im assuming this means the motor is gone.....

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Well if the left one if fine then the motor is fine. Sounds like you wiper trans mission arms have failed for the right side

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
Try tightening the nut that holds the arm on the drive gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts