RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have an 2003 HSE. i needed to replace my wiper blades. turns out the "clip" on the passenger wiper arm is badly bent ... so before i buy an OEM wiper arm (part # LR 015244) for $150 at the dealer ... anyone know where i can get it cheaper? better yet, i just need the "clip" ... not even the entire wiper arm.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
welcome on board. please fill out your profile so folks on the same continent can recommend an alternative for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry ... in houston, texas. called some "cannibal" place in oklahoma city, ok. will fill out profile now ... once i find out where. thx!

G

·
0 Posts
If it was carcannibal, you be best advised to stay away from them.
If you have no other choice, make sure you and your purchases are protected and you have some way of recovering your money if they
stiff you. I have heard that they have done that to many people.

In this instance, google IS your friend.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I recall seeing (on this forum, I think) a post that a small company had created a kit to change the arms from the FFRR-type to a standard or universal type that accepts commonly available blades/attachments.

I thought it was around $40 or $45, but can't remember the name of the company. A search through the forum should point you in the right direction as an alternative to a new $150 arm.

EDIT:

I found it -- they are $49, assuming they still have them...

http://www.jageng.com/garage9/product_i ... 3a49155688

·
Registered
141 Posts
I purchased their kit, making a very simple mod. Now I have a much better performing wiper blade and do not rely on RR OEM parts.
I dont think you will be disapointed :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts